Linux Binaries?

Obsidian General.
Blinx636
Vertex
Vertex

Linux Binaries?

Post by Blinx636 »

Two questions:

1. Are the linux binaries required for hosting a dedicated Obsidian Conflict server?

2. When are they going to be released?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Only required for a linux server, 1.3s binaries have already been released. 1.31 might not be released because we will be releasing 1.32 fairly soon and we will compile for that.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

1. only if you have a linux based os and want to run a server on it...

2. well currently the srcds for linux don't seem to support OB Based Mods right now so the binary we have internal can't even be tested...
Blinx636
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Blinx636 »

Yes, I using a Linux OS (Ubuntu) to run a dedicated server.

I have gotten so far as being able to start a CS:S server and TF2 server, and all have the appropriate content (EP1, EP2) ready for obsidian, I just need to actually get the linux version of Obsidian to get it running.

Where are the binaries for 1.3? I looked on the download page and the only thing it said related to the binaries was "Coming soon..."

Am I just a moron and completely missing where to download them from?

Thanks!
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

well they got removed since as i already said.... the srcds don't seem to support Orange Box Based Mods yet (since tf2 is a game like garrysmod and no mod it's normal that those runs fine) so i belive we need to wait for valve fix that...

do me a favor and just put the obsidian folder on your servers orangebox folder try to start it (you need no linux binary for that) if it says that it can't find the gameinfo.txt it's exactly the problem me and others have... in that case you need to wait for valve (if they even noticed that yet... since oc is one of the first (if not THE first) ob based mods out there they don't seem to noticed yet)
Blinx636
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Blinx636 »

Neico wrote:well they got removed since as i already said.... the srcds don't seem to support Orange Box Based Mods yet (since tf2 is a game like garrysmod and no mod it's normal that those runs fine) so i belive we need to wait for valve fix that...

do me a favor and just put the obsidian folder on your servers orangebox folder try to start it (you need no linux binary for that) if it says that it can't find the gameinfo.txt it's exactly the problem me and others have... in that case you need to wait for valve (if they even noticed that yet... since oc is one of the first (if not THE first) ob based mods out there they don't seem to noticed yet)
I tried that already, and got past the gameinfo.txt bit simply by renaming Gameinfo.txt to gameinfo.txt

The key bit is that linux actually cares if a file has a capital letter or not, whereas windows doesn't give a shit.

The only problem is that once you get that sorted out, you get a Segmentation fault, AKA, it really screws up.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

well i renamed the gameinfo.txt but it still showed the same error :O
Blinx636
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Blinx636 »

So the gameinfo.txt issue is with all orangebox based games? Damn.

Don't know how I got past the gameinfo.txt error, all I did was make a copy of it and made it all lowercase. Want to pm me a link to the binaries just to see? I don't doubt it'll screw up, but it'd be interesting to try it if I don't get the gameinfo error.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

There were removed from the server for some reason. :(
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

skidz wrote:There were removed from the server for some reason. :(
They are still on my server :o
http://w0rf0x.de/oc_beta/1.3/Obsidian_v ... Server.rar

But i noticed i accidentally overwritten your downloads.html with the linux binaries link when i uploaded a new downloads.html with more mirrors added, sorry for that :o
sisko59
Polygon
Polygon

Post by sisko59 »

Hello,
I installed dedicated server on my linux (xubuntu).
But, i used "wine".

This the only way that i found. :oops:
the server is "[FR] Serveur de la communauté OCFR"

I use windows xp, it's most power!
I am French.
Sorry for my english's language.
Correct me ;)
Shaoran
Pixel

Post by Shaoran »

Hi,

I try to run Obsidian Conflict with linux and i didn't see someone that reported the same errors i have.

I try on debian lenny (on etch, it's can not run because of glibc 2.4) and the error i can have is not about the gameinfo

Here my log :

failed to dlopen /home/serveur/srcds/orangebox/obsidian/bin/server_i486.so error=/home/serveur/srcds/orangebox/obsidian/bin/server_i486.so: undefined symbol: _ZTI19CTriggerAreaCapture
./srcds_run: line 346: 27470 Erreur de segmentation $HL_CMD

If it can help.

Use wine work, but if there is an another solution, it will be better <<

ps : sorry for my bad english xD
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Once 1.34 is released we shall see about linux binaries. Hold tight for a couple days.