That is one annoying ass bug.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

-=jerC=- wrote:
DisConnected wrote:
Sabre wrote:
JarskiFIN wrote:By the way, some times assasin is just skating around the ice map doing nothing.
They do that on all maps. It's as if they don't know they've hit the ground.
No, they only do that on ice or on water. Maybe props, because one landed on a box prop in the explosive barrel arena and had that glitch.
I got it on the fountain map.
It also happens outside of card battle on the DE_Dust map
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

If i remember right it is somehow caused by trying to fix some other bug, we should look into it.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

After seeing a few matches with a team of AGrunts win against a Hunter, SMG1 Metrocops, Antlion Workers, and vorts I have to say there needs to be some changes to the AGrunt, maybe nerf the amount of hornet spam?

Besides my complaining I have been enjoying the map quite a bit, but it gave me a idea. "Limited Edition" cards - they are rare, powerful, but they takes up all of the slots and can only be used once. (maybe higher chances for the loser team). Garg Vs. Headcrabs, Metrocops with Pistols, Alyx, and zombies... PLACE YOUR BETS!!! :twisted:
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

thats pretty unfair gta.
btw do you remember the garg gets gibbed by manhacks in a different map.(i think it was kake.)
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

gtaiiilc wrote:After seeing a few matches with a team of AGrunts win against a Hunter, SMG1 Metrocops, Antlion Workers, and vorts I have to say there needs to be some changes to the AGrunt, maybe nerf the amount of hornet spam?

Besides my complaining I have been enjoying the map quite a bit, but it gave me a idea. "Limited Edition" cards - they are rare, powerful, but they takes up all of the slots and can only be used once. (maybe higher chances for the loser team). Garg Vs. Headcrabs, Metrocops with Pistols, Alyx, and zombies... PLACE YOUR BETS!!! :twisted:
The alyx team if those headcrabs are poisenous.

Oddly, I've never seen the Agrunts do anything other then die horribly.
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

I love cardwar, I just wish I could host local servers so I could play it 1v1 with my friends. :(
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

gtaiiilc wrote:After seeing a few matches with a team of AGrunts win against a Hunter, SMG1 Metrocops, Antlion Workers, and vorts I have to say there needs to be some changes to the AGrunt, maybe nerf the amount of hornet spam?
Please leave the grunts as they are, they are considered a formidable enemy in normal maps, and I'd like to see it that way, if anything the human error agrunts would be a good armourless alternative.

If they can be nerf'd for the map then fine, but I don't think you can.

Also alot of people are forgetting that, there is still a certain randomness to most battles because of npc behaviour and movement, even when you have matching cards fighting.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

fug4life wrote:
Please leave the grunts as they are, they are considered a formidable enemy in normal maps, and I'd like to see it that way, if anything the human error agrunts would be a good armourless alternative.

If they can be nerf'd for the map then fine, but I don't think you can.

Also alot of people are forgetting that, there is still a certain randomness to most battles because of npc behaviour and movement, even when you have matching cards fighting.
The only way around that would be lots and lots and lots of plays, tracking the win/loss ratio of each card.
-Zeo
Vertex
Vertex

Post by -Zeo »

Synths are hilarious. Sometimes, the instant that the battle starts they explode and it is a complete waste. Other times, especially in fountain, they spin around the fountain and kill everything practically by themselves. Poison zombies and a synth is really funny just because the poison zombies keep the others busy, hopefully. It's by no means a good strategy, but it's still bloody hilarious to watch.
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

Momizi Inubashiri wrote:i olny problum with cardwar is

1. we can never see the whole battle field
2. anyone with alyx/barney will always win (they are way over powered) in some games i played we all agree that we cant play them because there no fun.
Multiple times,I've beaten Barney AND Alyx in the same team with the power of 2 stalkers.Ther lasers kick so much ass,it's hard to believe they're just cheap slaves to the combine.

Also,the ice map is perfect for stalker laser spam since stalkers basically don't move at all but they have very long-ranged lasers while the other team would try to charge and probably break the ice and fall or get lasered.

*imitates the stalker scream*
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Cardwar is now overplayed, we all know all the right cards to use on what, so its no fun anymore. We shall wait for said expanded version then, yes?

APC card and sniper card...they're needed. Although my dreams will probably be crushed, its still nice to hope while they are still alive. What's really needed is some more environmental arena stuff. Like maybe a floor turrent set up somewhere that fires at both teams. Or some giant spaceship that abducts NPCs at random times.

Assassins would actually be of some use if they spawned on the other team's side. This would give the other NPCS some time to move up. Oh and those shield scanners that drop hoppermines would just kick ass.
Halflambda
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Halflambda »

I'm not really a big fan of Card war

I'm more about being on the front lines and fighting

but hey, that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Skinner,Gamer, and an idiot.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Halflambda wrote: I'm more about being on the front lines and fighting
Sir, yes sir! Roger that! You'll also find me on the front lines, throwing medkits apon screams of pain!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
MasterofPuppets
Polygon
Polygon

Post by MasterofPuppets »

Card War has gotten really boring for me. It mainly depends on the skill of the opposing team.
Lacking team: Most likely will lose
Somewhat skilled: Will abuse the hell out of stalkers and regenerating characters.
Skilled: Will kick your ass in every way possible

And it also depends on luck.
Besides, like some have said, I prefer fighting directly.