Obsidian General.
Nimrodim
Pixel

OC - questions and problems

Post by Nimrodim »

Hi,

I am trying to play half life 2 coop with a friend on OC 1.35
We have encountered a few problems - maybe you can help us:

1. how do you change the level of difficulty...it is just to easy to play with 2 people. - we tried changing the skill options in the server options...but have seen any real difference.

2. Many times all sorts of triggers in the maps don't work - a few examples:
On highway 17 - the first map - unless you use the original car you cannot jump the first gap in the road.
On one of the coast maps - you have to take down a helicopter and then a road block has to be lifted by the NPC- event doesn't trigger.
The last example is a weired one - on d3_prison_06 - Alyx has all sorts of triggers which don't work when i open the map....but when we opened the map with sv_lan 0 and people joined in from the Internet - triggers started working.....

3. If I use the map command in the console it will open a server with 16 slots even if I specified a different number in the server options. In order to get the right amount of people in the server option after using the map command I have to: first open any server from the menu with create server option and only then use the map command.

Thanks in advance
Nim
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

1) To change the difficulty on-the-fly, change the value of the 'skill' cvar. 1 = easy, 2 = medium (OC default), 3 = hard. Altering the value of the 'skill' cvar affects the amount of damage you deal and take.

3) Create a new text file in obsidian/cfg and name it listenserver.cfg. It will work the same way as a dedicated server's server.cfg, i.e. it will be executed on every mapchange (iirc). In it, you could place certain cvar customizations that you want to stay put every time you start the (listen) server. I can't really remember if setting 'maxplayers' there works though. Nvm, it doesn't. What you can do is to execute:

Code: Select all

maxplayers <player count>
before you use the map command.
Done correctly, you'll see:

Code: Select all

] maxplayers 2
maxplayers set to 2
Nimrodim
Pixel

Post by Nimrodim »

Thank you very much for your help.
Much appreciated.

:D
Momizi Inubashiri
Donator
Donator

Post by Momizi Inubashiri »

if you need to get on the other side of the gate in the coast map you can get a barrel and put it face up on the right side of the road and jump over the fence and contenue on.
like this (you need to jump duck)