Space station map idea. I need help!

Obsidian General.

If a map like this was made do you think you would play it?

YESSSS!!!!!
44%
Most likely
22%
Maybe
22%
If i have to...
11%
Nope i think its totally worthless and going to be an epic failure
No votes

Total votes: 9

OldFrog
Pixel

Space station map idea. I need help!

Post by OldFrog »

I have an idea for what i think would be a really good map which is a harvest/paysan/diving type map only in space :D you would be on a space station and there would be:

Farming (some kind of hydroponics bay thingy?)

Asteroid mining with different kinds of minerals

Upgradable spaceships which could allow you to trade between a planet or another space station and also transport you to the surface of an asteroid to mine it

Space pirate hunting

Random events like an alien invasion of of your station (cannon 2 type of system on the station and flyable fighters to fight back with?) or maybe a random super crystal from mining worth a ton of money but it also causes lots of pirates to appear because its so valuable

The only problem with this is that i have absolutely NO idea how to map/model/make texture or anything except opening hammer and even if did know how to i could only do it every other weekend which would take forever to make the map and i would get lazy and quit (at least i admit it lol) so i need some help with it and i would try to help in any way i can which probably wouldn't be very much but i would try so anybody who might want to make this please contact me on steam my user name is Old_Frog and I'm only on every other weekend (parents r divorced and my mom doesn't let me on steam or anything so i can only do it at my dads every other weekend) as i said so i probably wont be able to check this for quite a while
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: Space station map idea. I need help!

Post by Andrax17 »

if you ask me....if
The only problem with this is that i have absolutely NO idea how to map/model/make texture or anything except opening hammer
is true, you really shouldnt start with a map this complex. (im not really telling you not to do it, but i would suggest doing something more simple first, to get familiar with hammer)
OldFrog
Pixel

Post by OldFrog »

Well actually i was just throwing the idea out there kind of for someone else to pick up maybe and seeing what happens because I'm quite sure that i wont be able to make this as u said. Im not patient enough and to lazy to learn hammer and to make a whole map and i just dont have the time.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Haha. I had a very similar idea a while ago. oc_moonbase was the working title. You basically landed on a moon and had to build a base and terraform it to create an atmosphere and all the stuff you mentioned. It was going good but I started getting busy and now I have no hope for mapping unless the ep3 engine is good.