Can't use my voice chat in game...

Obsidian General.
LeGoupyl
Pixel

Can't use my voice chat in game...

Post by LeGoupyl »

Hello there,
So it looks like the mod (and only this mod) don't detect my mic, i click on the voice option then on the test button i talk but nothing happens: on every other game it works ! I don't know why and if i am the only one with this problem.
Please help ! :(
Goupyl: made at 25% of watermelons, 25% of vodka, 25% of Camembert and 25 % of random crap.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Can't use my voice chat in game...

Post by fug4life »

It works for others, that's all I know.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
LeGoupyl
Pixel

Post by LeGoupyl »

Not really helpful...
That's can mean im the first to post about that bug, maybe others are scared about forums or don't use mics^^
All i know is this is the only gamemod were i have this problem for this time.
It can be about my computer but then, how i can fix it: i had install and reinstall the game, reboot steam but nothing works...
Goupyl: made at 25% of watermelons, 25% of vodka, 25% of Camembert and 25 % of random crap.
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

That's strange. I've had a fair bunch of mic problems myself but whenever it didn't work it wouldn't work for any source game. Because they're all running on some version of the same engine and the microphone part is untouched for a long time. Problems I had were mainly driver problems, volume problems or source not getting it.

If I remember correctly, whenever I would unplug the mic and then back in while in game it wouldn't see it anymore. Or something.
LeGoupyl
Pixel

Post by LeGoupyl »

I fix it ! my external and internal mics were activate, i disconnect the one that i don't use.
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

External and internal? Do you use a laptop? Ah that would explain it. Conflicting sources.