Saving the player score

Obsidian General.
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Saving the player score

Post by Jack5500 »

I'm playing your mod for quite a while now.I introduced it to my friends and we played oc_harvest all night long.At 3am next morning we stopped and i shutted down the listen server.After a good nap when wanted to play again. But my frieds were shocked, everything we worked for was gone! But not jsut that. The whole score which was about 1000 points per person was gone.I told them that is totally nromal in Obsidian Conflict. After that that they never played Obsidian Conflict again.

I hope you get my point.OC_HARVEST is pretty harmless, but what about paysan. I'm a total beginner with C++ code, but it has to be possible that you hook up the unlocked things with some kidn of sql lite database if the server owner wishes too.it might be hard to do that, but believe me, it would make the mod the best "Alternative Multiplayer Half Life 2 Mod".I'm serious about this. Take a looka t the oppertunities for the mod. At the moment all the Roleplayers are using garrysmod, but Obsidian Conflict would be a damn good non-commercial replacement for them.

Think about it before you comment :D
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Saving the player score

Post by Shana »

Obsidian Conflict is a co-op mod and not a role-playing mod, Harvest isn't role-play either despite how many people call it that.

And Paysan... don't even bring that up here lol.
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Jack5500 »

Whats about paysan?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I deleted your post for a reason, but here: http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... 835#p61835
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Jack5500 »

I'm not reffering to Paysan as the paysan development process, I#m reffering to the paysan as a good map, which people like. But if you don't like paysan as a example then take harvest or diving. Loosing all your progress through as rtv for example is frustrating, or not? I'm suppousing this a an optional faeture. Coop is absolutly amazing in Obsidian Conflict, but as it offers these alternative maps it should have settings for them as well, right?
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Jack5500 wrote:I'm not reffering to Paysan as the paysan development process, I#m reffering to the paysan as a good map, which people like. But if you don't like paysan as a example then take harvest or diving. Loosing all your progress through as rtv for example is frustrating, or not? I'm suppousing this a an optional faeture. Coop is absolutly amazing in Obsidian Conflict, but as it offers these alternative maps it should have settings for them as well, right?
i dont think its impossible to create plugins that saves your scores for certain map(?).

but i dont think these RP elements really belong to OC, or like, shouldnt be dev's top priority.. as w0rf0x said, OC is co-op mod, not roleplay.
and imo, if your friends stops playing OC just because their score doesent save in harvest, they are kinda playing the wrong mod for their liking anyways.

Ive never heard anyone ingame really complain about score not saving, since harvest and diving are maps that once you have done them, there isnt really anything else to do, you just move on to other co-op maps.

(also w0rf0x wasnt referring to paysan as its development progress either, but the fact that its somewhat frowned upon due to sven stealing the content from harvest)
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

You lose your score, of course. What, did you really want to keep coming back to a public server seeing that everything is bought, and that there isn't anything to do? RP maps are not OC's main focus, think of them as a cherry on top of the sundae. So having an entire setting for them, also considering that there are only 3 RP maps, is just not needed. And I think that OC really needs more mappers making co-op maps before making more misc ones, although I do love them. It's just that after you're bored with the misc section, there's only another 30-50 more maps to play. About 30% of which are just Combine with 300 hp.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Jack5500 »

Of course course you are both right with Obsidians main focus, no doubt. It's just an optinional faeture and not the main aim of the development since now, as I said.
did you really want to keep coming back to a public server seeing that everything is bought
Well, a reset command would be nice :D
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Jack5500 wrote:
did you really want to keep coming back to a public server seeing that everything is bought
Well, a reset command would be nice :D
There is, restarting the map.
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Jack5500 »

-.-