OC Split-Screen

Obsidian General.
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

Re: OC Split-Screen

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

Gary wrote:
Gandorques Hikla wrote:Awesome, but will probably use much cpu.
And GPU.

In most games I've seen, graphical settings are scaled back playing split-screen. Rendertargets get smaller, graphical features get disabled(for example; L4D2 where the flashlight doesn't cast shadows during split-screen play).
This could be handled with seperate Split Screen Graphic Configuration.
I wouldnt mind lowering the Graphics when I´m playing with a friend.
Or if your PC kicks-ass, playing with 2 Screens on Full Details.
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Afaik it's part of the engine, and Source 2007 doesn't support it since it's too old. :/
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Afaik it's part of the engine, and Source 2007 doesn't support it since it's too old. :/
^ This. It was incorporated when the engine got updated in line with Left4Dead. Split screen across two monitors can be done if you set the second monitor to be in extended mode and set the resolution to span both monitors. Not sure if it works in full screen mode but it does in windowed mode.
:nyoron:
Ash
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Ash »

Hey I know this is really old now and this may be pointless. But I looked back at this and it feels...childish to me I guess. And I definitely have a better computer and a program I could use to record the actual screen and everything now so I was just wondering if I should make a newer, better tutorial.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Ash wrote:Hey I know this is really old now and this may be pointless. But I looked back at this and it feels...childish to me I guess. And I definitely have a better computer and a program I could use to record the actual screen and everything now so I was just wondering if I should make a newer, better tutorial.
If you can, go forward.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Ash
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Ash »

Well crap...did Steam update in a way where it doesn't even work anymore? I do it the same way I did that long time ago but no matter what it just says the game is already running, closing that singleton mutex handle that made it for you can open another instance of the game, doesn't seem to work anymore...so i'm not sure if it's even possible to do anymore. :/