Error installing OCbeta 1.3.5

Obsidian General.
DefqonOne
Pixel

Error installing OCbeta 1.3.5

Post by DefqonOne »

hello im new too this and i saw a mate playing it by the screenshots it looked nice soo i wanted too try it out BUT... when im trying too install it it says (error opening Http://downloads.obsidianconflict.net/p ... elpack.exe the server returned status code 404) annybody can tell me why it says that?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Error installing OCbeta 1.3.5

Post by Shana »

News wrote:*The installer is prepared to download and install the custom playermodel packs automatically if you chose so. But this feature is not fully working yet since we need to finish the webserver back-end first.
If you get an error message similar to this, simply chose "cancel", the installation will then continue normally.
Probably shouldn't have put that in there in the first place because it doesn't seem like it will ever get done.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

with steam in sight, yeah...

but that doesn't explain why people are to stupid to use the search function or read the release news
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

Now, now. Let's not act like we are super smart and know so much more than most puny humans. The thing I learned in IT is that you can never expect people to know something or do something. Unless it is really, really, REALLY fraking obvious. There are always people who will frak up.

So to the original poster: Click ignore when it prompts the error. Or cancel if there is no ignore.
DefqonOne
Pixel

Post by DefqonOne »

thnx datastream but i allrdy figured it out and it seems it should have been removed because its really confusing at first i thought it didnt wanna install and neico a nice tip for u... learn too be social and polite i just asked for help and ur answer isnt really helping i allmost feel like if i have a problem that i just ask friends... instead of going here because if i have too see a comment like that from u everytime i come here now then it will really get annoyning and doesnt really look mature too me. peace
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

learn to write proper english, then you can try to talk to me again, kthxbye

PS: nothing personal, I just hate everyone that is unable to use a simple thing such a search function and on top of that is unable to write at least a little bit of english that is not like "ur soooo cul cuz u haz redz namez"
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

Neico wrote:learn to write proper english, then you can try to talk to me again, kthxbye

PS: nothing personal, I just hate everyone that is unable to use a simple thing such a search function and on top of that is unable to write at least a little bit of english that is not like "ur soooo cul cuz u haz redz namez"
Maybe he is lazy to write properly.

Here,I translate what he said:

''Thanks Datastream but I already figured it out,and it seems it should have been removed because it's really confusing at first.I thought it didn't wanna install.And Neico,a nice tip for you...learn to be social and polite.I just asked for help and your answer isn't really helping,I almost feel like if I have a problem that I just ask for friends,instead of going here because,if I have to see a comment like that from you everytime I come here,then it will really get annoying and doesn't really look mature to me.Peace.''

I found him a bit ignorant with you Neico.Also,tried to translate what he said with a proper english so you guys can understand what he really said.

P.S.:I'm just a bit bored at the moment,that's why I posted this.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

do I really have to awnser to that now?

you didn't get what I meant with that at all...
and if he really is too lazy to write proper, then I'm too lazy to be polite with something that I hate the most about people in the internet...
and since you didn't get what I said did you translate a text that I obviously are able to read... I just refuse to do so as it's aginst myself to bother with someone / someone's problem if he doesn't bother to at least try to write in a proper way, Fenix for example does try to (even if he doesn't really succeed in doing so most of the time)

and if you try to argue with me here, feel free to see this thread locked as the problem that was orginally the case is not worth another topic anyways
DefqonOne
Pixel

Post by DefqonOne »

k thnx bye.. also, i learn too type proper english since im not english, you learn too be mature and deal with it that u didnt drop balls yet, that ur a lead coder doesnt give u the right too act like a dumb smartass now thnx bye and this is the last time u see me here what a fraking shit support and i throught other supports where shit
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

lol
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

The best user in the forum ever.[/sarcasm]

No,seriously.I think this guy is a troll,not sure at all.And just he make the account only today.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Wait until he tries Steam support.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.