Combine Super Soldier

Obsidian General.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Combine Super Soldier

Post by Gary »

Nothing wrong with the rig, but your right it does need it's own animations(or a careful selection of current ones).
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

I feel like it should be a cross between a hunter and a shotgun soldier.

Something of the slow heavy armor and long suppressive firing type with a long reload to give some room for players to fight back. Kinda like a mobile minigunner. But this is totally my opinion of what I think the super soldier could be if implemented.
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

hows that?
there 2 Coloured ones..
the brown one is the slowly 'tanky' one and the white one is the elite fast 'killer' one
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Axel_m3sh wrote:I feel like it should be a cross between a hunter and a shotgun soldier.

Something of the slow heavy armor and long suppressive firing type with a long reload to give some room for players to fight back. Kinda like a mobile minigunner. But this is totally my opinion of what I think the super soldier could be if implemented.

Hmm yeah, like the Heavy Weapons human grunt from HL1. It would force cooperate the players to split they in two parts, the "bait" that distract the enemy, and the attackers. Also, what about make it some points of their body more and less weak, like their back for a weak point, and their front resistent from bullets and little damage from explosions?.

I like that idea.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

me too
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Maestro Fénix wrote:
Axel_m3sh wrote:I feel like it should be a cross between a hunter and a shotgun soldier.

Hmm yeah, like the Heavy Weapons human grunt from HL1. It would force cooperate the players to split they in two parts, the "bait" that distract the enemy, and the attackers. Also, what about make it some points of their body more and less weak, like their back for a weak point, and their front resistent from bullets and little damage from explosions?.

I like that idea.
It should be fairly agile when not firing, since it has arms and legs, would only make sense.

However, when firing it stands still and it's armor does some kind of transformation to make it thicker and more resistant. Then when it fires you'd need to get to cover fast, because not only is there a short charge up time, but it showers the area with a shit ton of bullets really fast. But it can't move, or can move but really slowly. So having one team try and get around it to take it out while the other takes fire is necessary to kill it. It should be a room sweeping NPC, anything in front of it will die easily, but coordination can take it out very fast, so use of teamwork will take it out in some seconds. Plus when losing sight of players, it should still fire around the last known position, to keep the players pinned down, until of course it sees another target. This encourages even further teamwork as a sort of "damsel in distress" type of scenario and to easily stop rushers and lone wolves.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

thats a good type of npc and would indeed be usefull against lone wolves and rushers nice thinking discon.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

DisConnected wrote:
It should be fairly agile when not firing, since it has arms and legs, would only make sense.

However, when firing it stands still and it's armor does some kind of transformation to make it thicker and more resistant. Then when it fires you'd need to get to cover fast, because not only is there a short charge up time, but it showers the area with a shit ton of bullets really fast. But it can't move, or can move but really slowly. So having one team try and get around it to take it out while the other takes fire is necessary to kill it. It should be a room sweeping NPC, anything in front of it will die easily, but coordination can take it out very fast, so use of teamwork will take it out in some seconds. Plus when losing sight of players, it should still fire around the last known position, to keep the players pinned down, until of course it sees another target. This encourages even further teamwork as a sort of "damsel in distress" type of scenario and to easily stop rushers and lone wolves.
OC 1.4 can wait,now I want this in the mod,nice description of it,DisConnected.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

If this thing makes it into 1.4, for god sake's don't put a major weakness on it. I never did understand why videogames put a really big weak spot on "stronger" enemies or bosses. I mean if the thing was designed for killing, why the frak would you put the weak spot on the back of it if, A) It's not protected whatsoever back there or B) The enemy can barely turn around to defend it in the first place. Or a long reload period. Seriously, if the thing needs to chew up bullets really fast, I think whoever modified or created it would probably not put a clip into it or allow a ventilation system so it wouldn't get overheated. Yes, I know it's for balancing, but it's uncreative and most of the time just stupid.

IE: A snipers inability to throw back a grenade or, I don't know, run to another room?
Strider's a good NPC, antlionguard is a decent one.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Hit giant enemy crab in weakspot for MASSIVE DAMAGE POINTS