2 little issues

Obsidian General.
Zazabar
Vertex
Vertex

2 little issues

Post by Zazabar »

1. I can't get my friend to join my server. Already did sv_lan 0 and forwarded my hl2 ports and he still can't join.

2. I got my brother to join since he's in the same house so I guess the router lan crap works with that, but he gets kicked after every level transition.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: 2 little issues

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Changes to sv_lan require a mapchange to take effect. Also, are you changing maps with the changelevel (correct) or map (incorrect) command?
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Zazabar
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Zazabar »

well i actually didn't try that yet....I shall do.
Zazabar
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Zazabar »

ok that worked. I just did changelevel oc_lobby and it worked. happy. thanks.
Zazabar
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Zazabar »

ok now my friends are getting some error that says bad inline error or something whenever certian levels load up.

what's up with that? I don't seem to have them complaining about it in 1.34 so I'm assuming it's a new error.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

only the exact error message can help~
PrplFlavrdZombe
Polygon
Polygon

Post by PrplFlavrdZombe »

Zazabar wrote:ok now my friends are getting some error that says bad inline error or something whenever certian levels load up.

what's up with that? I don't seem to have them complaining about it in 1.34 so I'm assuming it's a new error.
Don't bad inline model errors usually have to do with old and/or unusable demo files?

*Edited because I left a word out :oops:
I liek Mudkips