IDeas for things

Obsidian General.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

IDeas for things

Post by warbrand2 »

no clue why I am posting this but I am posting this.

this is just s few random ideas and this topic may be removed if they are crap, or this is the wrong place/time to post sorry if wasted time.

first idea.

motion sentry(weapon)(hl1 sentry based)
ammo:1
primary: deploys
secondary: drops inactive (other can pick up)
info: this is a motion triggered turret, its main use it to slow down the progress of the enemy. it has 25 health(random number) and uses a in built 9mm semiautomatic pistol. it will last 100 shots before deactivating.
:notes and side ideas:
1.can be placed by metro cops
2. useful for building a defense
3. can be picked back up (owner only) by pressing use

(forgot second idea probably will never post)
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Re: IDeas for things

Post by DisConnected »

So basically exactly like a turret, only in your inventory and worse stats. Bad idea, for a lot of reasons.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Give the manhack a gun. lol
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Hey, can the players store a bunch of tied-together entities in their inventory?

For example, if I made a Hammer-scripted turret, could the play store it? The turret would be the standard stuff; func_tanks, npc_enemyfinder, etc.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Gary wrote:Hey, can the players store a bunch of tied-together entities in their inventory?

For example, if I made a Hammer-scripted turret, could the play store it? The turret would be the standard stuff; func_tanks, npc_enemyfinder, etc.
Gonna test it, how inventory works?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

knew I shouldn't have posted this sorry for wasting time.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
z33ky
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by z33ky »

I see no need for you to apologize.
Quite the contrary, keep on posting ideas if you have any. Even if we decide against them, it certainly won't hurt anyone.

Code: Select all

while(!bugQueue.Empty())
{
	featureList.Insert(bugQueue.Pop());
}
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Hmmm, unless i´m doing something wrong, the inventory system dont allow pick "Hammer physic" objects, so the turret cant be stored (doesnt matter the size).

But dont lose the hope, the idea is good. Maybe there is a command somewhere, or the devs maybe are able to enable pick "Hammer objects".

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Could a team member tell us how the inventory system works?
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

one can hope.

I have some ideas for weapons(combine weapon)

antimatter flamethrower.(heavy weapon)
info: a med range weapon used by a combine elite or player this weapon must be picked up by the use key, a player must drop the weapon to use other weapons. (reason for this will become clear later.
Weapon stats: (scale 1 to 10 as can't think of a better way to say)
damage: 10
range: 8
fire speed: 11
ammo: 300 (goes through 10 a second)
ammo type: NA not re-loadable
edit notes::
only problem i can see with this idea(mainly sense it is my idea) is how some enemies like antlions would look like if they where on fire(as far as I know you can't light an antlion on fire)
end edit notes:

Combine flame tech (combine infantry)
health: 250
looks: combine elite with a synth like fuel tank on its back
weapon: idea above
note: explodes on death kill shot is in the back.

Minigun(heavy weapon)
info: its a minigun
weapon stats:
damage: 8
range: what ever(better range a first lower as it goes) so med ranged
fire speed: 2x that of the smg
ammo: 255 (uses smg1 ammo can not pick up ammo when firing or barrel is spinning)

I have no idea why I am posting idea for heavy weapons, I would probably only use the flamethrower in zombie maps. the mini gun is just there because I was thinking of the copter turret as a pick up weapon but It has no way to fire it and a mini gun makes more sense than a scraped copter gun.. or at least I think it does.

if any one thinks the scrapped copter gun makes more sense just tell me.

EDIT (middle of night can't sleep don't know why I think when tired)

I know people can make custom vehicles for maps but what about a custom AI vehicle. for some thing like a road war map. What I am thinking about is a rebel version of the combien APC. well not a APC per say more like a modified tow truck with a pulse turret mounted on the passenger side of the hood and a gun mount with 2 rpgs on it mounted on the back. This vehicle would have 2 versions the player version in which a player can drive, operated the passenger gun or operate the main gun. and a NPC version in which rebel NPC's can get in and out and drive but the players can't.

Overall idea

Rebel gun truck (NPC/PLAYER vehicle)
looks: old tow truck with steal plaits covering it, a pulse turret mounted so the passenger can use it and 2 rpgs mounted to the back via a old ww2 gun mount. it also has two "seats" on the rear(players sit on the edge for the truck bed)
seats:
driver: controls basic movement of vehicle, can use a horn(can be used to trigger events?)
passenger: controls a built in pulse turret, is main forward defense
gunner: controls a dual RPG mount used mainly for AA and AV, the RPGs are not laser guided.
rear passenger 1 and 2: can sue there guns for defense, just a free ride

Note:
I know this can be done with the custom vehicles, but it would make more sense as a rebel vehicle for maps also would be a lot more fun to have people working cooperatively in one or 2 vehicles on a map than in 10 to 12 random vehicles scattered around the map.

another vehicle idea
rebel transport(would work better as a custom vehicle not a actual vehicle
looks: an old van that has the top ripped off. it has 4 rear passenger seats and 2 smg1 ammo boxes (like on the buggy) on the sides. also has a light mg on the front for the front passenger to use.
seats:
driver: controls the vehicle
front passenger: can use a forward m60 mounted to the front of the van it isn't very accurate but it shred a hunter.
other rider: free ride nothing else.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

warbrand2 wrote:one can hope.

I have some ideas for weapons(combine weapon)

antimatter flamethrower.(heavy weapon)
info: a med range weapon used by a combine elite or player this weapon must be picked up by the use key, a player must drop the weapon to use other weapons. (reason for this will become clear later.
Weapon stats: (scale 1 to 10 as can't think of a better way to say)
damage: 10
range: 8
fire speed: 11
ammo: 300 (goes through 10 a second)
ammo type: NA not re-loadable
edit notes::
only problem i can see with this idea(mainly sense it is my idea) is how some enemies like antlions would look like if they where on fire(as far as I know you can't light an antlion on fire)
end edit notes:
For me this sound the Immolator (http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Immolator). It would be nice see it.

warbrand2 wrote:Combine flame tech (combine infantry)
health: 250
looks: combine elite with a synth like fuel tank on its back
weapon: idea above
note: explodes on death kill shot is in the back.
The problem of this is that if you throw a grenade to their back it will kill it.

warbrand2 wrote:Minigun(heavy weapon)
info: its a minigun
weapon stats:
damage: 8
range: what ever(better range a first lower as it goes) so med ranged
fire speed: 2x that of the smg
ammo: 255 (uses smg1 ammo can not pick up ammo when firing or barrel is spinning)
Fug have a weapon script of this, i have to ask him.

warbrand2 wrote:*Various vehicles*
Hmm i dont know exactly how it works, but i read that the APC AI can "drive". The vehicles can be made (more or less) in Hammer.

warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

The flamethrower and the combine unit that uses it where slightly based on the immolator and its wielder.

edit: on the flamethrower unit, what I meant is if is at lets say 2 health and gets shot in the back it will explode, but if it gets shot in the front it will just ragdoll, (shooting the ragdoll in the back will be explosive though.)

edit 2:
a Idea for RP maps like harvest and paysand.

carry tool(grave gun replacement for RP maps)
info: the carry tool is a grave gun replacement for RP maps, it can only pick up the things the things the player can grab with their use key. it has a lower powered "punt" (more of a toss). the reason for this weapon is so you have less people using the grav gun to fling things out of map or glitch to better items on RP maps.
side note:
this weapon is meant to be a either or weapon, you either have this or the grav gun. (would need a map trigger or something to set which is active)
looks: same as the animations you have when you have NO weapons.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

No idea why I am thinking of the following idea.

the idea.
Add a short single player campaign to show some of the custom elements for OC.

the campaign would be used to mainly show of things like the weapons in game, some of the mapping things, and probably tell some sort of story.

other ideas.

Combine artillery cannon(weapon heavy)
info: this weapon is a mini version of the supresser seen in c17. its main use for the combine is a light mobile "mortar" its main use for the players is seeing who can kill what with it. the artillery cannon is a co-op function weapon, this means that the player will require a spotter to use it a long ranges.
function: the player that uses it must activate it first(deploy by right click) once activated the player is immobile but c an move and aim the weapon with the direction keys. one a artillery cannon is active all players will see a player color sphere where the person using it is aiming. (the player them selves can only see it a minimum range but other players can help use it at long rang). once the player has lined up the cannon with a target the just press there primary fire. and it launches a high damage beam at the target. after firing the weapon has a recharge time of about[balanced time in seconds here].
notes:
1. the gives custom colors a game play use, if you have more than one player using the artillery you can tell which player needs to fire the weapon.
2. this could be used for assault maps for objectives like a player must use this weapon to blast a hole in a wall or take down a auto turret.
3. combine mortar teams need a say more
4. promotes team work, a spotter with a sniper rifle and a player with a artillery cannon can easily give fire support to other players on a large map.

also
20 dollars says that some one would try to down a gun ship with this and can some one come up with a better name for this thing.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

nice idea would indeed also promote coop but what happens if a griever gets his hands on it and starts shooting at ally's?
as for name the plasma mortar cannon 2000 light edition,pmc for short.(just making something up here).
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

I don't think It would do a griefer any good isn't friendly fire disabled on maps by default. this just another "gun"