IDeas for things

Obsidian General.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Re: IDeas for things

Post by warbrand2 »

do to time difference not editing my last post.
(If any one has any feedback good or bad please post by the way, I feel like I am posting to a wall...)

Co-op weapons suggestions

the following 2 items are meant to make players work cooperatively on maps (in combo with triggers which I have no clue about that sort of thing)

flashlight (weapon)
info: this weapon is used to provide light for other player. it is useless on normal maps. this weapon is meant for maps with flashlights disabled forcing the players to work together and cover one or 2 players taht are using flashlights to spot enemys
advantages:
1.supports team work on dark maps
2. horror maps are scarier when only one guy has a flashlight(one to many zombie games)
problems:
1.would only be useful on dark maps
2. no attack

laser guide(activated like shield or cloak)
info: adds a laser beam like that of the combine sniper rifle to any weapon.
reason for: can tell who is shooting what, even if the ammo spawn is fast its annoying to waist ammo

Another idea

Rebel molotov(weapon/npc weapon)
info: this weapon deals slight damage and lights anything prop or npc it hits on fire. its main use is to block an area.
ammo max: 4 molotovs
pros:
1. lasts [x] time after throwing allowing you to take out enemies after it "explodes"
2. can be used to break barricades or things blocking player progression
cons:
1. very easy to grief with

NPC version
info: is thrown by npc rebels at random, dealing medium damage and lighting things on fire. unlike the player version it dies not leave a "pool" of fire.(more or less a rebel grenade that explodes on contact)
reason for: give rebels a fighting chance in some battle as combine have grenades why don't rebels.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
z33ky
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by z33ky »

The main problem with these is, that we don't have (at least I think we don't) the amount of developers to take care of all these.
We have to select the few ideas that could prove very useful and try to push out an update already. Having a buttload of weapons would also confuse new players I presume. Instead we'll probably try and flesh out the weapon-script system to allow for more flexibility.

There were plans to integrate Lua for the weapons, I'm not sure where this idea has gone to though.

Code: Select all

while(!bugQueue.Empty())
{
	featureList.Insert(bugQueue.Pop());
}
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

k.

I think I am going t o stop with the idea posts for a while. mostly because I think I have posted to many to fast.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

You really aren't thinking these ideas out are you? There's some major issues with a lot of them. Especially the flashlight.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

DisConnected wrote:You really aren't thinking these ideas out are you? There's some major issues with a lot of them. Especially the flashlight.
I kinda like the flashlight idea... Maybe because I thought of it at one time...

It would be pretty easy to do with Hammer scripting.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

problem is he is right I didn't think about that one just posted it.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

well there is something some people have been asking me recently that apparently has been done in HL source (but I have yet to see it myself) is enabling lipsync for player models using voice chat. If it were possible it would be awesome to test out. Only think is I dunno if it would work though it would be a pain in the ass to code.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

raidensnake wrote:well there is something some people have been asking me recently that apparently has been done in HL source (but I have yet to see it myself) is enabling lipsync for player models using voice chat. If it were possible it would be awesome to test out. Only think is I dunno if it would work though it would be a pain in the ass to code.
In HL:S?! Lol, if you found where is it, call me.

I think that is possible, but it will force to make a determinate faceposing of all the models for the vocals and such, also, you will have to "tell" to the game the words in order to convert it, highly difficult (i think).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

it could be simple, just have the mouth of the player model move at random when the person has there mic active. movement might not fit the speech but it would mimic talking. though I see no reason for something like this as it has no use.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

warbrand2 wrote:it could be simple, just have the mouth of the player model move at random when the person has there mic active. movement might not fit the speech but it would mimic talking. though I see no reason for something like this as it has no use.
Yes, that could work. Like in HL where the engine "detected" the dialogues and move more or less the mouth of the characters.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

I have some more ideas.
idea 1
I know some players might not like the following idea but I am going to post it any way. I think it would bee a good idea for RP and rebel based maps to have a code that forces the players to a random standard rebel player model. (would need to revert the model back after the map is over.) (no idea where this idea came from by the way.)

idea 2
"armor tiers"
armor tiers are different "types" of armor for the players the armor tier is set by the mapper there are 4 main tiers.

tier one: standard
health max: 100
armor max: 100
HUD: standard

tier two: rebel
health max: 40
armor max: 40
HUD: missing most of the HUD elements can't see ammo, where aiming(must iron sight to see where aiming), can't see armor. only thing that stays on the HUD is the health display and that displays a present not the actual health
use: hard difficulty for lives maps

tier three: combine
armor max: 25
HUD: same as normal only has a blueish tent around the sides, is also missing the aiming redical
use: med difficulty for lives maps more of a solder setup

tier four: RP maps
armor max: 000
HUD: missing every thing but aiming redical
use: RP maps you don't need to know your health or armor
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

warbrand2 wrote: tier four: RP maps
armor max: 000
HUD: missing every thing but aiming redical
use: RP maps you don't need to know your health or armor
only problem with the use is that every RP map in OC has hazards, so its good to know your health,
paysan&harvest has antlions/combines.
umizuri has random enemies
diving has water and sharks
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

I have another idea. Kinect Animation Support. like movement using kinect.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

raidensnake wrote:I have another idea. Kinect Animation Support. like movement using kinect.
Oh god D:
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

TESLA-X4 wrote:
raidensnake wrote:I have another idea. Kinect Animation Support. like movement using kinect.
Oh god D:
Same thought.

Also that exists for Gmod by the way,some of you may have watched the video.