Would Nightmare House 2 CO-OP ever be a possibility?

Obsidian General.
soldier
Donator
Donator

Would Nightmare House 2 CO-OP ever be a possibility?

Post by soldier »

In the most recent dev blog video it showed Nightmare House 2 zombies being included, would this allow people to play NH2 using a content mount, mappadds and custom weapons (and possibly .lmp files if it gets really tricky, they modify the map as well) and, something only possible if the devs were planning to do this, modify code (if absolutely necessary) which wouldn't be hard since the source was released? Is it something the devs might be planning, or would it be up to the community? Or would it still be somewhat hard even with all those things? I think it would be very interesting to play NH2 with friends, even if it takes out the fear factor. Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find anything about this.
Zant5976
Vertex
Vertex

Re: Would Nightmare House 2 CO-OP ever be a possibility?

Post by Zant5976 »

May be possible with the next version, but not currently.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

At least we could probably have the NH2 zombies (assuming you mean the ones with the ballistic vests).
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

If OC gets all the NH2 entities with the same classnames, then I don't see why NH2 maps wouldn't work if you mounted the content.

Thing is though, NH2 is a single player horror mod. All the maps and game play were designed and built assuming there was only one player. So they would have to be heavily modified just to work with multiple players. And even then, why would you want to? I can't see NH2 being fun with a bunch of stripped puzzles and other players jumping around.