Steampipe Update Breaks OC Mounts

Obsidian General.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Steampipe Update Breaks OC Mounts

Post by raidensnake »

As some of you may know as well as several of the beta testers and the devs as well. The recent orangebox dedicated server updates have caused massive problems with the mount system in oc. for example as with a test we did recently with xenire's map. None of the episode 2 content would load. I discovered 2 things. 1. the steampipe issue affects bnoth the 0.1.3.5 hotfix 1 version and the svn versions of oc. and 2. I've found out the only temporary solution to avoid the issue is to use an older version of the server dll files which I have here. I'm just wondering apart from this temporary solution are there any plans to address this? Clearly this is a serious problem as all 3rd party mods except the ones that are already updated to support steampipe are affected by this issue.

Here are 2 clear examples of the issue taken by Sha-Nya

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Steampipe Update Breaks OC Mounts

Post by Shana »

Actually that problem on the screenshots was caused by a bug in the current OC SVN mount code, you can get around it for now by joining the server after the map loaded.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Steampipe Update Breaks OC Mounts

Post by raidensnake »

well I tried this on both versions and it still happens. The problem doesn't happen if I use the older version of the server dll files.