How is the next Broken Escape map going? :P

Obsidian General.
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123
Vertex
Vertex

How is the next Broken Escape map going? :P

Post by RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 »

Just wondering how the progress on the next Broken Escape map is going (ep2_oc_broken_escape_02d.bsp or ep3_oc_broken_escape_03a.bsp or whatever). I remember at the end of ep2_oc_broken_escape_02c it said something like "To be continued", and the last map was made a few years ago, so I was wondering if anyone is still working on it, or if anyone is taking a break from the project, or if the next map in my favorite campaign is cancelled. I really hope the next Broken Escape map isn't cancelled. Broken Escape is awesome and fun. :3
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: How is the next Broken Escape map going? :P

Post by MaestraFénix »

RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 wrote:Just wondering how the progress on the next Broken Escape map is going (ep2_oc_broken_escape_02d.bsp or ep3_oc_broken_escape_03a.bsp or whatever). I remember at the end of ep2_oc_broken_escape_02c it said something like "To be continued", and the last map was made a few years ago, so I was wondering if anyone is still working on it, or if anyone is taking a break from the project, or if the next map in my favorite campaign is cancelled. I really hope the next Broken Escape map isn't cancelled. Broken Escape is awesome and fun. :3
Don´t worry, is still under work. The campaign is one of the main attractives of the mod.

Their creator said that is also remaking the previous levels, so expect a huge graphical improvement.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

expect the campaign to have over 5 maps for the next oc release...
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123
Vertex
Vertex

Cool!! Thanks for letting me know. :D I'm excited for these remakes. And I hope that room with the combine pod and the lasers get adjusted too, cuz it's too hard, and players like to mess around to purposely kill the players with the lasers. LOL
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 wrote:Cool!! Thanks for letting me know. :D I'm excited for these remakes. And I hope that room with the combine pod and the lasers get adjusted too, cuz it's too hard, and players like to mess around to purposely kill the players with the lasers. LOL
Not really, you only have to be cooperative. The speederun record at beating that part is around 30 seconds.

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I'm getting rid of that part though because it is a bit too tedious and unforgiving, especially with lives enabled.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

aww my only enjoyment place as admin / developer gone.
I really liked it to fly into the center, shove a pizza in the oven and watch people fail while noming a yummy pizza.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

Shana wrote:I'm getting rid of that part though because it is a bit too tedious and unforgiving, especially with lives enabled.
Cool, I always had people struggling or arguing about that part, me helping very fw chnaces hence my lag since I'm from another country and ya know the rest.Thanks, Shana.This is quite good news.
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123
Vertex
Vertex

And there was a glitch in that part where when someone activates the thing that moves the pod, and when that person gets kicked for being AFK for too long, the panel no longer works, messing the campaign, cuz everyone is then stuck. So I'm glad it will be gone, cuz players were too careless at that part, making things harder. LOL Well, when u remove that part, W0rf0x, are u gonna replace that puzzle with something cooler and epic? I hope so. :3

Or would u rather be called Sha~nya, or Shana? Or does it not matter? It's up to u. :P And you're an awesome president and CEO of this amazing Co-op mod. :3 I love your mod. :D I hope this mod will get Greenlit on Steam in the future, cuz it's so amazing. :P
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 wrote: I hope this mod will get Greenlit on Steam in the future, cuz it's so amazing. :P
OC already has Steamworks. Just sit and wait (more).

RYANSUPERGENIUS1123
Vertex
Vertex

Are any of the maps done yet, W0rf0x? I know you're not done with all maps of course, but was curious if u finished at least one of them so far. Other than that, I'm looking forward to your remake on Broken Escape. :P
Sakhan
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Sakhan »

RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 wrote:Cool!! Thanks for letting me know. :D I'm excited for these remakes. And I hope that room with the combine pod and the lasers get adjusted too, cuz it's too hard, and players like to mess around to purposely kill the players with the lasers. LOL
It was easy since it was somewhat bugged. Hope the source nonsense will be fixed through code anyways
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123
Vertex
Vertex

Hey, Shana, could u make a thread that provides updates on your progress on your remake on the Broken Escape maps? I think it's worth it, and maybe u could even post screenshots of your mapping progress, so fans of your mod won't get paranoid that Broken Escape is dead, ya know? :P
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

With OC being on hibernation, i barely had any motivation to do mapping lately, sorry.
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123
Vertex
Vertex

Have any Broken Escape maps been finished though, even though the whole map "series" isn't finished? :P