New Server Setup Guide Needed

Obsidian General.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

New Server Setup Guide Needed

Post by raidensnake »

We seriously need a new guide on how to set up an oc server since HLDS Update Tool no longer has any of the mounts needed. All I'm able to tell you is they need to be downloaded through steamcmd.
I've tried for the past 3 weeks to use it but the system to update is soo complex I'm unable to work out how to update things. Please someone needs to work out the commands and post an update ASAP.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: New Server Setup Guide Needed

Post by Neico »

there's no need to update it as if you update you'll frak up oc in either version (except if you really know what you're doing, which I doubt many server admins do)
so just wait until valve finished porting all their games to steampipe, then there might be a solution available too...

PS: if you ask me something and then ignore me when I ask what exactly you mean again then I'm going to kick your balls so hard that they fly past Pluto...
this entire thread could be avoided because of that, not to mention that the thread is in the wrong section...
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

reguarding your ps. I wasn't ignoring you. my connection kept going offline cause of area outages.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

for 2 whole days? Why do I tend to disbelieve that...
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

well in this case I managed to get the ID's for every source mount except for Half-Life Source using these SteamCMD commands: (the username/password reguires a valid steam account with the games, anonymous means doesn't require a login.)

Half-Life 2:
SteamCMD +login username password +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 220 validate +quit

Half-Life 2 Lost Coast:
SteamCMD +login username password +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 340 validate +quit

Half-Life 2 Episode 1:
SteamCMD +login username password +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 380 validate +quit

Half-Life 2 Episode 2:
SteamCMD +login username password +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 420 validate +quit

Day Of Defeat Source: (Dedicated Server)
SteamCMD +login anonymous +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 232290 validate +quit

Counter Strike Source: (Dedicated Server)
SteamCMD +login anonymous +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 232330 validate +quit

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch: (Dedicated Server)
SteamCMD +login anonymous +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 232370 validate +quit

Source 2013 (Dedicated Server)
SteamCMD +login anonymous +force_install_dir c:\test +app_update 244310 validate +quit

I've loaded clean versions of both the SVN and the current 1.35 with the hotfix and currently neither will start whatsoever even though most of the mounts are there. unsure why that's the case. I'd thought i'd post these for later in case anyone wants to know the commands to download the mounts.

Edit: Updated SteamCMD List To Include Source 2013 Dedicated server.
Last edited by raidensnake on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

I'd like to point out that steampipe games (mounts) aren't supported by oc and won't be until the steam release...
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

Neico wrote:I'd like to point out that steampipe games (mounts) aren't supported by oc and won't be until the steam release...
well not being funny unless someone provides the old style content to new server hosts, they can't run their own oc servers. cause the pre-steampipe updates etc. no longer exist. just those steamcmd commands I've posted which is a SERIOUS problem.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

nothing's wrong with the commands itself, the problem is linking that stuff to oc (alas making a folder in orangebox, just beside obsidian) and the more serious problem: getting oc to access the .vpk files which they now use with steampipe

This one shows how it looks like on my server (those shortcut icons in orangebox are symlinks, read it up on google/wikipedia if you don't know what it is), the content in the campaign folder is extracted from the GCF's, so it's a bit outdated currently
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

Even so new admins wouldn't be able to get the gcfs. They are all vpk's now.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

valve hasn't moved them to steampipe on steam yet... it's still only in a beta branch
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

I've updated the SteamCMD mount command list for steampipe.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

and what good would that do to add the sdk 2013 server stuff? you won't ever need to get that for oc (only in the early stages while we're moving over which will be at most only be available for beta testers)