Half-Life 2 Intro?

Obsidian General.
TurtleP
Pixel

Half-Life 2 Intro?

Post by TurtleP »

Hey all,

I'm new to Obsidian Conflict, and I enjoy it far more than I did Synergy. I tried to report this in the bug tracker, but I can't seem to be able to. Anyway, for some reason, the Half-Life 2 Intro doesn't play. All I see are the "credited names" on the bottom left of the screen and GMan just looking calm in front of me. I had to noclip out of the area to begin playing.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: Half-Life 2 Intro?

Post by TESLA-X4 »

The recent conversion of HL2 to Steampipe broke our MapAdd scripts, which causes strange issues as you've encountered. There might be a hotfix released to address this, though it's still too early to give any specifics for now.

In the meantime, you can try renaming the MapAdd scripts in the maps/cfg folder, which are of the form <map_name>_modify.txt. Simply adding an underscore to the front of the file's name will be enough to disable it. It's a very hackish workaround that will probably end up breaking something else instead, so I don't really recommend it (HL2 maps simply don't play well in a co-op environment without tweaking, so the MapAdd scripts are intended to fix said issues).
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
TurtleP
Pixel

Re: Half-Life 2 Intro?

Post by TurtleP »

TESLA-X4 wrote:The recent conversion of HL2 to Steampipe broke our MapAdd scripts, which causes strange issues as you've encountered. There might be a hotfix released to address this, though it's still too early to give any specifics for now.

In the meantime, you can try renaming the MapAdd scripts in the maps/cfg folder, which are of the form <map_name>_modify.txt. Simply adding an underscore to the front of the file's name will be enough to disable it. It's a very hackish workaround that will probably end up breaking something else instead, so I don't really recommend it (HL2 maps simply don't play well in a co-op environment without tweaking, so the MapAdd scripts are intended to fix said issues).
Oh, ok. Thanks. I'll just wait for the possible hotfix. I've also encountered weird spawning places during HL2, but that's probably the same issue as you said before.