Game won't start with a faulty appmanifest (Steam issue)

Obsidian General.
Styl1sh
Pixel

Game won't start with a faulty appmanifest (Steam issue)

Post by Styl1sh »

Hi, I've encountered a strange issue after I've played OC for some time.
For three weeks, I was unable to start the game because of the "Unable to load C:\(steam directory)\source sdk 2007\bin\filesystem_steam.dll".
What caused the error was a faulty manifest file (appmanifest_218.acf) created by Steam:
► Show Spoiler
The only thing I remember doing was removing Half Life 2, which Steam's library showed as installed, but unable to play because I don't own the game - only "buy" option was available when selected.
Since I'm unable to reproduce it, and it appears that only I had this problem, I refrained from creating an issue on bugtracker. Also, issue was easily fixed just my moving the faulty manifest away from steamapps folder (though it gave me much, much more work to find out it was the case).
I am quite sure that SDK files weren't updated to steampipe at the time. What could have caused the manifest file to be created?
Fullmaple
Pixel

Re: Game won't start with a faulty appmanifest (Steam issue)

Post by Fullmaple »

Hmmm... last time you did play the game, did you enable in the advanced option half life 2 content to be actived? if so, this may be the problem.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

Source SDK Base 2007 has a steampipe beta option, this might be related to your issues and might also fix mods like ours to use the game mounts again, I'm currently trying it out as I can't lose anything from converting :P
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Neico wrote:Source SDK Base 2007 has a steampipe beta option, this might be related to your issues and might also fix mods like ours to use the game mounts again, I'm currently trying it out as I can't lose anything from converting :P
So if it works, we wouldn't move to Source 2013? Give more information about this please.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

there will be a move to source 2013, as soon as possible, but if they get source 2007 working with steampipe then we'll at least have a bit more time at our hands as porting stuff takes a lot of time

PS: source 2007 still have no VPK support, so a dead end for now (even when you start source sdk 2007 it'll throw a bunch of errors at you because it's content is already packed in vpk's)