New script for all css guns

Misc Releases such as Textures, Choreo, Tools, and even Sound.
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

New script for all css guns

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

First hello everybody.

Because the default script for css weapons are sometimes completely different from the real css weapons :?, I remade the scripts for existing weapons, and added the missing ones (I know fug4life also made these missing weapons, but I wanted to made a complete pack).

What's different?
The weapons are close to css ones (now, if your weapon has a scope you can use it), I changed the icons emplacement in the weapons menu, all weapons are now right-handed, and the best thing, i added ironsights.

Note that if you're a player and download these, the weapons specifications won't change if the server still use the default scripts (but everything else will whatever script the server use).

EDIT:
Some little change: Mac & Tmp shoot faster
usp, p228, glock and fiveseven can shoot as fast as you can click but the minimal accuracy have been decreased (no too much)

PS: I just noticed the p90 use the same slot as the g36c, so I had to fix that, sorry.

EDIT 2:
I changed most of the ironsights, they are more useful now.
To be able to use ironsights on p90 and mp5, I had to find a little trick by making some parts translucent, so be aware it will erase any custom skin (only for the mp5). If you don't want these edits, put only the 'script' folder in your obsidian folder.

EDIT 04/11/2009:
Here's a patch:
- scout now use 357 ammo and m249 now use ar2 ammo
- mac10 and tmp are now hold by players in a better way
- no crosshairs for sniper rifles

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com/13582208
Last edited by Makrontt le nécron on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm back baby!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I will check these out they sound a lot better than the exsisting ones and my ones.
Nice to see you had a go at the elites, I can see you put a lot of thought into these.
I don't suppose you've had a go at getting the hegrenade to work? I've been trying but no luck on throwing the damn thing. would be nice to see.
Prehaps even the devs might consider updating to these.

Good Work :thumbup:
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

I've been trying but no luck on throwing the damn thing
Same problem, I create a hegrenade script but when I press fire I pull the pin and nothing, I can't throw it.
I'm back baby!
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

awesome, more css weapons.
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Tried them out, i like them, except the 2 uzis and some of the pistols, they just shoot too slow, the pistols should shoot as fast as you can press your mouse button for example, especially the fiveseven.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Cool, I was tired of that p90 that shoots and reloads like a shotgun, if this is a change for that one weapon, I mean.
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Mmm maybe I should make the pistols shotting faster and make them less accurate? After all most pistol are supposed to be used at close range, but I didn't want to make guns too much inaccurate.
I'm back baby!
Hydra
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Hydra »

Keychain wrote:Cool, I was tired of that p90 that shoots and reloads like a shotgun, if this is a change for that one weapon, I mean.
P90 from oc_waking_dead? DaMaN tried to make a Shotgun P90, but it failed pretty hard. P90 which works fine is in de_nuke, and maybe some´other maps.
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Keychain wrote:Cool, I was tired of that p90 that shoots and reloads like a shotgun, if this is a change for that one weapon, I mean.
Sorry but it doesn't change this weapon, I'm not sure how DaMaN made it (it's not a script) so I can't fix that.
But if this shotgun p90 bother you don't pick the one near the tank, you can find a real p90 on the other side of the barricade.
I'm back baby!
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

"Remember children, if you find a shotgun P90, DON'T pick it up, instead look around for the smg, that version is great for killing people..."
A bullet sounds the same in every language.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Can we include those in the 1.34 patch?
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Sure, go on, but be sure to download the latest version:
I don't know what i did, but I screwed up the mac and tmp rate of fire. I didn't notice that earlier because I didn't put in the pack the same files as those in my obsidian folder(I use a lot of custom models, so I changed the ironsights).
I re-uploaded the right version.
I'm back baby!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Woohoo, I'm glad they're in.

Makrontt did you make any dod:s scripts? I know the models are not at the rigth hieght, I'm hoping something about that can be done later on.
But if your making them and you are planning to release please let me know. I'd really like to get my hands on them!
As I think you'd do a much better job of it than what I can. If not don't worry I'll have a go at it (Much to the communities displeasement).
:lol:

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

I made only some weapons to see if it could works, and I think most of the dod:s weapons can't be done well (i.e. garand grenade: it works but the player must press altfire to shoot, no smoke sprite ,no fire and reload animation, and the arms look weird). I have a lot of work for now and I don't plan to make these scripts. Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks .
I'm back baby!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Fair enough, I was just curious.

I shall have ago myself for now :)

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database