NyHoK's weapon slot fix

Misc Releases such as Textures, Choreo, Tools, and even Sound.
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

NyHoK's weapon slot fix

Post by Ny »

Hi all! This is my weapon slots download that moves most of the counterstrike source weapons and some of the HL2 weapons into decent areas.

The script is an upgraded version of Makrontt's CSS scripts so credit to him (also means that all the ironsight changes and sounds are included).

The weapon movements are shown below:

The red bar shows the max weapons a 1440*900 display can see I would suggest that mappers use this as a guide to help choose weapons for maps they build. 1280*1024 players can see nearly all the weapons.

Note - Some of the HL2 have been moved as well! This is to help give a nicer display for nearly all resolutions (Sorry 800*600'ers). So backup the scripts folder before using the changes!

This does not totally solve the slot problem as a extra slot is needed to help spread the Rifles and pistols apart and maps that have all the CSS weapons will just fill up the slots.

Developers can PM me for a picture of their weapon movements as well.

Download:REMOVED

Edit: Mak has made some new icons and therefore has unchanged buckets if you have downloaded his icon pack download the update below to revert the slot placements back to my settings:

REMOVED

If your new and downloading, download the first one as it is now updated
Credit to Mak!

EDIT: I have removeed the downloads to stop further downloads for people as the 1.34 update may be out soon. The update will fix the problem so theres no point in having two fixes at once.
Last edited by Ny on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Got my download.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

very nice, though I still not so sure what all the fuss is about, prehaps others are right there shouldn't be that many weapons in a damn map.

And btw, I play 1024 X 768 window'd.

:lol:
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

1680x1050 windowed here, so i don't really bother about that anyways :P

but looks not bad
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Yea, I don't see what the fuss is either, although can be annoying sometimes. I might change the bar line downwards for 768 resolutions as well I totally forgot about that resolution :P

If you do use it tell me if there are any bugs or problems with the layout, I might release another version where the HL2 weapons are not moved just in case, but I like the new slot catogorization, Its nice to have all the snipers, explosive/heavy weapons together in their own sections instead of scrolling back and forth :D
:nyoron:
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Prehaps we should have a Mortal Combat (the old boss) like characture player model that can hold six weapons at once? J/K.

I will take a look but when I get round to it, it took me two months to get my player models installed again.

I have a bad habit of 'download now install later'
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database