Day Of Defeat: Source weapons

Misc Releases such as Textures, Choreo, Tools, and even Sound.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Day Of Defeat: Source weapons

Post by MaestraFénix »

DOD:S weapons prepared to be used in Obsidian Conflict.

Use them in your DOD:S maps or where you want.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?m4modik8dywy1i5

Credits:

VALVe - Original creator

SonofBrimstone - weapon models
Makrontt le necron - weapon scripts
gamr748 - weapon scripts

Maestro Fénix - Fixed weapons, scripts and HUD

I fixed some problems that the DOD:S weapons inside the DOD:S maps made by Fug had, like animations, ironsights, muzzleflashes and another bugs (especially the one related with the 30 Cal, which allowed you to fire without reload). Also, i added the the K98 scoped and the Springfield, and fixed the mix between weapons (M1 carbine being the M1 Garand and the K98 being the K98 Scoped).

You will need mount DOD:S to use them.

Notes:
  • Some weapons doesn´t eject the bullet shells, while others have a "second" muzzleflash in 3rd person. I´m not able to see why it happens.
  • The Bar it should be more efficient, but for unknown reason, it doesn´t. If you take a look into their script, you will see that both fire modes are at contrary (AND FOR UNKNOWN REASONS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE IT WORK).
  • Both the K98 scoped and the Springfield, in their reload animation, it will introduce 5 bullets always, no matter how many bullets do you need to introduce. This bug comes from DOD:S, and i can´t fix it.
  • I didn´t added the melee weapons, the Bazooka, the Panzerschreck, or the grenades (frag and potato masher), but if someone want it, i can add to the pack. Forget the grenades of the K98/M1 Carbine, because i can´t make it to work with the actual weapon system. The same goes to the melee of the Thompson/MP40.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?m4modik8dywy1i5
Last edited by MaestraFénix on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Day Of Defeat: Source weapons

Post by fug4life »

Hey thar.

You should make a decent co-op map add (action). So these weapons are mroe enjoyable.

Also shell ejects are a bitch but they should/can work. The weapons need to use AR2 idle sequence and muzzle or something like that to fix shell and muzzle in the .qc Dont worry they'll still mount the correct muzzle and shell.
I'm pretty sure I had them all working.

Here's one planned map I was going to do, you should consider doing it as its easy:

dods_flash <--- Add the hl2 Antlion hills in a few places and create spawn waves;

1: Antlions
2: Antlions
3: Antlions + Workers
4: Antlions + Workers + Guards
5: Guards

Have a maximum of 40-50 npcs on screen at once.
Add lives mode. (3 lives)
Add random spawning weapons.
And have the weapons teleport from a unreachable location in map so they are randomly placed and you can spawn the bigger powerful weapons later on in the game. (see how I teleport bomb in my css mapadds).

You can the anthills disapear at the end with some dust particles and env_shake etc.

Bump-up the health of the npcs by 10% just to keep them on screen a lil longer.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I know it sounds a bit simple over done style map, but it wouldn't take long to make and we need a good dods action set of mapadds.
I wish I had the time...
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I would prefer a map where like those maps in DOD:S, you would have to destroy certain objectives such tanks and AA guns. Fight agaisnt german soldiers would be interesting.

*But then the people will say "this is like Afrika corps of Sven Co-op"*

Anyway thanks for share it.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos