halo boring/(!Now who wants to argue with Brad the emo!)

Off topic Discussion

Would you rather

play halo
67%
Get kicked in the balls
22%
Walk in on your grandparents having sex
11%

Total votes: 27

puppet master
Forum Furry
Forum Furry

Post by puppet master »

Silverman wrote:The AI in the videos looks just like the AI in Hl2 to me
because you can't accept the truth and that's why you can't see how different the AI is
Silverman wrote:Combine Soldiers can do those, too
no, they can't
btw: after S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl will be released i will remove Steam and the games with it from my hdd forever and enjoy the fresh wind of the fps genre Image
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded" - Some wise man.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

How many times must Stalker be delayed, before we all cease to care. :P
puppet master
Forum Furry
Forum Furry

Post by puppet master »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl & Half-Life 2 had 5 years of development
the final release date of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is same like Episode Two
and that's why you should care even more than before :P
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Quite frankly its all a matter of opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that Crysis or Unreal 2007 will do far better than STALKER.
BOB
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by BOB »

B.R.A.D.gt19 wrote:okay, some facts in your face
Half-Life 2
- weak engine

well, who's the man now dog ?
Putting together the words 'Half Life 2' and 'Weak engine' is an oxymoron.
puppet master
Forum Furry
Forum Furry

Post by puppet master »

unconnected wrote:Quite frankly its all a matter of opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that Crysis or Unreal 2007 will do far better than STALKER.
in graphics ? yes ! but in gameplay ? never ! :P
EDIT: Crysis is same like FarCry & Unreal 2007 is also same like the UT games before, just better graphics...
Silverman
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Silverman »

Meh, I give up with the arguing about which game is better, back to the topic :D , I like Halo.
destu wrote:"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded" - Some wise man.
One more thing destu, you really need to learn how to give constructive comments :wink: , can't help laughing from your comments.
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

B.R.A.D.gt19 wrote:
unconnected wrote:Quite frankly its all a matter of opinion, but I'd be willing to bet that Crysis or Unreal 2007 will do far better than STALKER.
EDIT: Crysis is same like FarCry & Unreal 2007 is also same like the UT games before, just better graphics...
I meant in sales, as lets be honest - any other metric is very subjective.
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

lol stalker realy has some mildly strong language in it. "blijath" "ah tõ jobn"
Cool ^^.

And arguing over the internet is pointless? nope. Thats what all forums are based on, everyone has a opinion and we fight until someone gives up, starts flameing the poster and a mod has to close the thread.

Also stalker has like 80% of the game behind your back, meaning it will calculate and live the world you arent currently seeing out by its own. Combat AI will behave like bots wich is quite exiting because combine didnt realy use cover, the most open area fighting you got with combine was the highway part where you drove the buggy near costal maps, combine just ran out of the houses and shot at you rarely looking for cover or crouching, and they didnt cover each other and try to advance by suppresing your fire.

I belive valve could have done it but it would have went out of the fps gerne and would have been to hard for the player as they fought alone and in constant action. But it would have been lovely to fight against AI as smart as counter strike bots. But again it didnt fit the combine role to be extra eltie forces as they rarely had to fight superior opponents and mostly killed civilans, antlions ect so no need to fear humans,earth.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

B.R.A.D.gt19 wrote:
no. Unreal has always had a unique gameplay.
If you played the first Unreal(best game to this day.) you'd know that.
puppet master
Forum Furry
Forum Furry

Post by puppet master »

Scrap wrote:lol stalker realy has some mildly strong language in it. "blijath" "ah tõ jobn"
Cool ^^.
yeah, it's Russian :mrgreen:
Chandler wrote:no. Unreal has always had a unique gameplay.
If you played the first Unreal(best game to this day.) you'd know that.
but it's always the same, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is NEW ! (Boiling Point doesn't count cuz it's shit)
Silverman
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Silverman »

Unreal series are pretty good DM series, pretty much light Quake -.-
I'm not sure if it is just me or something else, but when I play HL2, combine use cover a lot, not covering eachother though, but I can't see they're covering each other, too. It'll be cool if they can :D , always hoping that happen
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Silverman wrote:I'm not sure if it is just me or something else, but when I play HL2, combine use cover a lot, not covering eachother though, but I can't see they're covering each other, too. It'll be cool if they can :D , always hoping that happen
Thats just proper use of info_node_hint entities. A good mapper would use a "Crouch Cover Low" hint behind a brush/model that the NPC could hide behind, then the NPC knows it's able to duck because you've told it so.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

lol
place a info_node_hint
underneath those blade things from ravenholm.
when it goes to run away. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!