Weird Dreams

Off topic Discussion
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Weird Dreams

Post by Lucky9Two »

When I'm asleep is the only time I actually think clearly because the multiple fields I'm always thinking of take on their own human manifestations, leaving mine behind.

So I only have to hear my own thoughts, not the other dozen or so people's that are always there when I'm actually awake.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Dream i just saw.
i was at my old house and got randomly teleported outside. I called a taxi and gave him my address so the driver could take me home, i saw my house, but realized i gave him slightly wrong address, so i told him to turn left to my house, but he missed it. He then did a freaking fast U-turn on a wet road and the car flipped and went back on the right side, but he missed the turn again so i got annoyed, told him to stop, paid him and left the taxi. Once i was out, i was pissed off at the taxi driver and kicked the car and the car pretty much flew to the other side of the road, blocking other cars.
I went inside the building and noticed that the elevator door was slightly broken, and as i have slight fear of elevators not working (for real), i took the stairs. At 3rd floor, i saw the stairs suddenly vanish and it was replaced with a ceiling (i lived in 4th floor). I didnt know what to do, even in the dream i was really tired so i decided to start sleeping on the floor. When i woke up, the 4th floor stairs were back and i went home. Then the dream ended
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Haha, wow.

Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

and ironicly that sentence is as true as can be for alot of poeple that have posted in this topic.(including me of course.)
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

srry for the double post (apearently its become a trend for me in this particular topic.).
so it starts with somehow me being the player in some kind of game im something that resembels the weird xenomorph normal alien and can climb on walls and i try to kil a guy i pretty much screw up the first time because a tank apears out of nowhere (the place is somekind of grey big hallway around 3 floors high with an closed elevator shaft where the target apears out of), and thus im blown to smithereens only to open my eyes to where i started and thus i got to a better ambushing point right above the entrance of the elevator. only to end up getting shot by a jet(dont ask me how but it moved more like a chopper then a jet while doing a barrel rol after killing me with missles), so attempt 3 and then a hole apears in one of the walls and i go through it, only to end up in some kind of break room with a weird dol lookalike of what i am in the dream. i touch it and then there are 2 of me(kinda like a player 2 has joined the game with uraby), so the 2 of us go only to have missed the target and have both the jet and tank apear again to shoot both of us. finnaly attempt 4 and i was feeling a bit angry so i went up the wall kept myself hidden in the shadows and waited for the jet after it passed without noticing me i jump ontop of it and stab my tail in the controls after killing the pilot and hijacked the dam thing only to notice the other alien did the same with the tank and we both just blow everything of the elevator shaft apart.
after smal afterglory i woke up cause of alarm clock.
Image Image
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Am I really the only person whose dreams have never involved any form of combat whatsoever?
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Whenever i have guns in my dreams, they never actually shoot so i make gun noises with my mouth.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Lol, universal rounds!

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

snip
Last edited by Gary on Mon May 14, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I know what you mean, Gary. :< Though more often than otherwise, my (more logical) dreams turn out to be déjà vu moments (as long as they're not too ridiculous, anyway), but only split second ones where what I see matches up exactly with what I dreamt about. But beyond that, the two start to differ again. It's happened to me several times already.

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Two years passed since the last deja vü that i had.

Considering how are my dreams, i believe that the dreams are in fact a way that has the brain to "remember what happened", as well as put it in order.

Because nothing has sense, i literally "jumping" from a dream to another. Always is a change of perspective the transitions, like, suddenly see that everything of that dream was a tv show, or, from the eyes of someone.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

so heres one i just woke up from.
it starts with me sneaking past some kind of open space with 2 roads with parking lots on either side and both roads go i the same direction to some kind of high stage thing with buildings on both sides and surounded by nothing but water, the whole place was floating above the water, but back to me, so im sneaking and notice alot of poeple in military uniform walking around keeping alot of others at gunpoint and then i somehow timesskip and have sneaked up towards one of the 2 buildings and am on high ground. i see someone under some kind of cloak while aiming a big ass sniper rifle that looked very futuristic, so i punched him uncouncinus and looted the rifle noticing more behind me with an ammo cage only to notice i was then also wearing the cloak and saw the words you aquired the anti material rifle, and thus i shot once and saw all the poeple below confused where the shot came from but then i start shooting with a pistol with 9000 reserve ammo, and then they spot me but dont shoot at me wich left me confused but stil seeking cover crouched below the window i shot from, i then notice the roof has suddenly oppened up and there are 2 big and tal towers with an opening facing the stage with each 1 person in it where the one that is in line with the buildings im in he shoots at me and i jump out of the window, after certain acrobatic movements i land and run towards the stage place and atop i see 2 weird kids 1 is floating with a creepy laughing and the other is calmly standing with a serious face, i then start shooting them with the sniper only to notice it doesnt work against the floater but the calm one is always making sure he dodges it so i focus shooting it at him and hit him and hes dead the floating one starts screaming but if already grabbed my pistol and pointed it at its face and i shoot saying something wich i cant remember, after all is done i notice a few floating islands at the back of the stage some kilometer or so away. only to be greeted by a lookalike me that apears behind me saying i should shoot the islands with the sniper, but i decided its better to end it and shot at the ground with it and he smiled saying its time to wake up and smell the ashes.(uraby really likes quoting stuff when he has the chance if you ask me).
Image Image
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

W0rf0x wrote:Whenever i have guns in my dreams, they never actually shoot so i make gun noises with my mouth.
Did it sound anything like this?

My dreams lately seem to consist of me either being pulled over by the cops and them shooting me, or the brakes in my car not working and my airbags being filled with water causing me to drown.

Being shot feels similar to being punched with pain-inducing heat spreading from it, while drowning burns my lungs and I have to wake myself up in order to be able to breathe again.

I don't care what anyone says, lucid dreaming sucks.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I'm happy that I don't seem to be able to remember any of my dreams lately, or even dreaming at all. And that's the way I like it, because I view dreaming as leeching away the time I should actually be using to get some proper rest. I just hate waking up after a dream feeling even more tired than before I went to bed. >.<

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

TESLA-X4 wrote:because I view dreaming as leeching away the time I should actually be using to get some proper rest
REM (Dream) sleep gives better rest than Non-REM sleep I thought?

I had a dream earlier about me being in a building that was hit by a plane and fell into the ocean at the airport, and I drowned again. The other part was that I was in a haunted house with ghosts n' stuff.