Post your (physical) desktop here!

You have an image? You want others to see it? You feel the need to show everyone a picture of your Mother? You have come to the right place!
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: Post your (physical) desktop here!

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Megabump, rawr

My monitor died yesterday, so I had to get new one. Still trying to get used to the additional screen real estate I now have (19" / WSXGA+ → 21.5" / FHD). Thankfully, my wallpapers are all sized from 2560x1600 to 3840x2400, so they show up fine.
[thumbnail]http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/28/1547530/Documents/Pictures/DSC_0933.jpg[/thumbnail]

R.I.P. old monitor, you were a fantastic performer right up to your last moment. ;_;
[thumbnail]http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/28/1547530/DSC_0282.jpg[/thumbnail]
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Robin
Donator
Donator

Post by Robin »

Currently 'studying'

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

And to think I actually thought that modern games have too much bloom. That looks like a shot made inside a bathroom during a shower!
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

Nice wallpaper in the monitor man.

Plus, how old is dat tv on the left?Can't see if that's a Philco or a Sony...must have been cheap.
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

[BBvideo 800,450][/BBvideo]

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Cool, though I'd be a little more careful about closing the NAS (I think?) lid if those drives are operational. HDDs hate vibrations and shock, especially when it's perpendicular to their rotation (heads get pushed downward onto the spinning platters, nasty stuff). However, I think WD Caviar Blue drives do park their heads when idle, so the chances of a head crash are usually lower if the drive is idling. Just be wary of the Caviar Black ones - those don't park their heads when idle.

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Oh hey, you're using a LGA 1366 CPU and mobo too. :3 (i7 920 here)
It might be old, but it still has more than enough power for countless tasks. Kinda wish Intel didn't abandon it so quickly though. :/

Edit:
Might as well post mine. I've undervolted and disabled two cores to lower the running temps as it's currently the hottest period of the year (and I have little need for my rig to double up as a room heater).

I guess I should look into some active cooling for my RAM sticks - they start tripping up if I bump their speeds from 533 MHz to 667 MHz, so the XMP setting of 800 MHz is clearly out of the question too. :P

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Oh hey, you're using a LGA 1366 CPU and mobo too. :3 (i7 920 here)
It might be old, but it still has more than enough power for countless tasks. Kinda wish Intel didn't abandon it so quickly though. :/
I can run Neverwinter, STO, GMod, 3DS Max, Maya 2013, WinAmp, Source SDK, Hammer, Skype, Photoshop and more all at the same time without it bogging down, so I'd say it's pretty good.

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I gues this fits in here, i got a new webcam.
[thumbnail]http://shana.obsidianconflict.net/pics/BILD2014.JPG[/thumbnail]
Mcgyver would be proud
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Shana wrote:I gues this fits in here, i got a new webcam.
Mcgyver would be proud

It will be pretty useful for me when I´ll back playing again WiiSports.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

Shana wrote:I gues this fits in here, i got a new webcam.
Mcgyver would be proud
[thumbnail]http://i.imgur.com/JTbq1ij.jpg[/thumbnail]

http://www.logitech.com/product/hd-pro-webcam-c920

Much better than the old 140p WebCam I used to use. Logitech makes many fine, quality products for the whole family! Stop by and find what you need today!

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I got a 5 MP Logitech webcam recently when I renewed my internet connection's contract. Looking to sell it since I have little use for it anyway. Its still in its box - I never opened it.

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

I use mine to do facecams on videos, Skype, and taking pictures.