Oc_Defence

Show off work in progress maps.
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Oc_Defence

Post by The fox »

A new map I have been working on for a few days now. Its gonna be a defence map where your gonna have to hold a point from waves of combines until the timer runs out. Just finished up the main map a hour or so ago. Gonna start adding in the waves and other detail now. The screenshots turned out quite dark but its alot brighter in-game.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3851 ... 002hl7.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1768 ... 003xb3.jpg

Ill be working more on the map in a few hours and perhaps post some updates by then.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

:shock: It looks rustic, and grimey, It looks good!
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Re: Oc_Defence

Post by Hell-met »

The fox wrote: your gonna have to hold a point from waves of combines until the timer runs out.
boring.
Alan
Pixel

Re: Oc_Defence

Post by Alan »

Fire_cube wrote:
The fox wrote: your gonna have to hold a point from waves of combines until the timer runs out.
boring.
Should have falling back and stuff, the base progressively going to hell after the initial assault, and don't forget, atmosphere! That's gotta always be the most overlooked element of lots of maps.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I agree a defense map where you must retreat and the enemy are constantly advancing is a damn good point/idea
I'm not sure how you'd pull it off but, you need to make sure the player has lost all hope of making a stand against enemy forces that are too powerful, and give them the feeling if they retreat back to a base the situation will become better.
i.e only but the rpg at the back of the base! j/k

reminds me of playing the defnding team in tfc on dustbowl or avanti, soemtimes your so over whelmed you felt it better to let them capture the command point that you could no longer defend. and try regroup, reorganise the defense of the next one, thats more strategically easier to hold.