cnc_onslaught (Now Accepting beta testers, PM me)

Show off work in progress maps.
Angry
Donator
Donator

Re: cnc_onslaught

Post by Angry »

UH OH! Looks like SOMEBODYS been pulling an all nighter!

Ready Room/Spawn:

Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

can't say I like the transparent floor texture (that or the fact there is no frame to transition from floor to see-through-window), the tables in the second shot looks odd and thin, the stairs transitioning on the top to bottom floor looks plain (no rails? looks as if they just cut the wall at an angled slope) lol, the base of the pillars don't have a base yet they have a top?

other than that, love the lighting, why not add some dust particles floating in them?

Good job man, keep it up! :thumbup:
Angry
Donator
Donator

Post by Angry »

Well, you must understand that this was made 3 years ago when my mapping skills weren't all that. Although the whole pillars thing, you make an interesting point, I never noticed that. As for the glass, yeah, I don't like the texture either but the other one that's clear is too transparent, makes it almost seem like there's just a giant careless hole in the map. I'll see what I can do about a frame though. The stairs... well, they were made to where the paint matched the sides of the stairs, as for the guardrail, technically that wall piece on the side is SUPPOSE to be a guard rail. Tables were a place holder, I meant to scrap those entirely before I took the picture.

I do wanna add some particle effects as well as a bunch of graffiti and some posters to to make the room... less bland. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Tysn
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Tysn »

Angry wrote:Image
At first glance I thought you were doing that olde-tyme reflective floor trick by duplicating the geometry under it for the "mirror" effect. :P

The ceiling area on the top floor looks pretty good, just add some trim to the base of the floor and pillars and it will look a lot better.
Angry
Donator
Donator

Post by Angry »

Thank you for the help, unfortunately I can not make revisions to it right now as fug has the latest copy, so I'm going to withhold on changing anything right now until it comes back to me (In which it will be in the form of the beta version).
Angry
Donator
Donator

Post by Angry »

I'd like to apologise to fug, as well as everyone else, I've been a tad stressed lately, I got promoted, I just proposed to my girlfriend of a year and a half (now fiance). I'm fairly close to getting the map out so forgiv me if I'm inconsistant when talking or working. XD
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

dont worry we all got reall life problems.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

destiny wrote:dont worry we all got reall life problems.
How is getting promoted and having a fiance a problem?

But if Mr. Endoftheweekened here delays it any further, he might as well go work for Valve.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Angry
Donator
Donator

Post by Angry »

If I do remember correctly I said we'd try and get it finish, then fug didn't come online which is ok, he has the map, let him do his thing and chill the frak out. I know you want the map but we wanna try and do things right the first time so you get good quality.

I never said those things we're a problem it's just that I've been stressed, that puts a lot on my plate that I have to plan, I need to get my uniform ready for the frocking ceremony, I need to plan my wedding with my fiance, also I need to figure out gifts for her, AND my parents. If it makes you feel any better, disconnected I've been pulling all nighters to improve and ready this map while my fiance is behind me; laying in bed instead of joining her and telling her how much I love her.
Last edited by Angry on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Us modders mod because we enjoy to, it's a hobby. Hobbes are on the bottom of the list. Our jobs and love are more important then modding. Disconnected, you should just be happy with the progress so far, Angry here has taken time from his life to make something for you and the rest of us to enjoy. Don't bash him for taking his time.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

DisConnected wrote:
destiny wrote:dont worry we all got reall life problems.
How is getting promoted and having a fiance a problem?

But if Mr. Endoftheweekened here delays it any further, he might as well go work for Valve.
Chill peeps, DisConnected, I'm starting to get used to you, I think people find you quite forthcoming and upfront with what you have to say (Don't be offended its just with some of the things you say, and thats the way many people are, I think the expression is, 'you don't beat around the bush').

I'd be the one that is Mr. Endoftheweekend, seeing as Angry is kind of waiting on me. And sorry Angry, I saw you on Friends just as I was turning my computer off and going to bed lastnight. I'm at home today, will try and work on this today.

Also like Angry will tell you the map has been knocking about for nearly three years, aswell as adding npc's I want to offer Angry a map with a few fixes (and hopefully what I consider to be improvements) as I feel the map needs a bit of a make-over.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

No progress today, I had to spring clean the whole house, ouch my back aches!

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Angry
Donator
Donator

Post by Angry »

As long as you keep me up to date dude it's fine, real life takes priority anyway.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

I think what I previously said came off wrong, and I mean no offense to you at all. Sorry for that.

And Fug: Maybe. But I just don't get offended easily. And with the people I usually hang out with, we pretty much say whatever and everyone knows its a joke. So finding the borderline of which others get offended? Not so good at that.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

^You seem decent enough to me.

Also currently trying to re-align the 3dskybox as somewhere along the line something moved. And I just dont want to rebuild, Ive had to do it before! And rescaling displacements back to x16 dosn't quite work.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database