I want YOUR opinions for what to want to see in new maps.

Show off work in progress maps.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

[YaS]Cyan wrote:-City 08 (Neotokyo) (You can also find more C08 stuff at Jbarnes's gmod.org page)
LOL I love jbarnes city 8 stuff if you look at my old posts you will see the first time I was lerning hammer it was so I could make a city 08 map :lol:
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Vasili wrote:http://niggastolemybike.ytmnd.com/

Like chase the black person.
Your ass should be banned for such a suggestion
:nyoron:
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Ny wrote:
Vasili wrote:http://niggastolemybike.ytmnd.com/

Like chase the black person.
Your ass should be banned for such a suggestion
Didnt see this, banned for 2 days indeed.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Alright I have decided to do a City 08 map sires because of my love of the concept, so I have contacted J.Barnes and he is gathering up all the back story he has for City 08. The maps will take time because I am also learning modeling for XSI so the maps will look more like a combine/neo-Tokyo than a big town in Russia but while I am doing that I have already started the ground work for a Black Mesa map!I am learning all this stuff by trial and error,interlopers,any tut I find on the web, and I bought a few of the NOESIS DVDs . If I can I am going to try to learn to use paint shop pro better so I can try to make some xen textures. (that's a big MAYBE I kinda suck, but my wife is a artist and a pro at Paint shop and she has a tablet so it may still happen even if I fail to learn anything)
so wish me luck and I hope to start showing some WIP pics of the Black Mesa map when it starts to come together until then if you have any Japanese models,VTFs,or anything that might be of use PM me them.
General_Francisco_Franco
prop_static
prop_static

Post by General_Francisco_Franco »

A good idea would be a Black Mesa / HL themed map. Neven seen one of that in source based mod, well... i've seen one crappy copypaste of hl:s map in zombie master mod using hl2 textures.

Other interesting stuff can be port maps from other hl1 sp mods or creative ideas without basing on hl universe, for example an assasination mission or something like that.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

gtaiiilc wrote:Alright I have decided to do a City 08 map sires because of my love of the concept, so I have contacted J.Barnes and he is gathering up all the back story he has for City 08. The maps will take time because I am also learning modeling for XSI so the maps will look more like a combine/neo-Tokyo than a big town in Russia but while I am doing that I have already started the ground work for a Black Mesa map!I am learning all this stuff by trial and error,interlopers,any tut I find on the web, and I bought a few of the NOESIS DVDs . If I can I am going to try to learn to use paint shop pro better so I can try to make some xen textures. (that's a big MAYBE I kinda suck, but my wife is a artist and a pro at Paint shop and she has a tablet so it may still happen even if I fail to learn anything)
so wish me luck and I hope to start showing some WIP pics of the Black Mesa map when it starts to come together until then if you have any Japanese models,VTFs,or anything that might be of use PM me them.
WOOT C08!
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

PLZ DONT BAN ME FOR SAYING THIS when i pressed the black guy stole ma bike link i LOL'd
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

are you still open for sugestions?
if so make a map under sea that involves you used to life there as an utopia but thanks to a failed teleporttation experiment of getting poeple faster to the bottem aliens come out of nowere and you have to escape your utopia.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

I just thought of this:
A space station defense map where you defend yourself from space marines (not the Warhammer 40K kind). It will be like Antlion Defense where you can buy weapons and turrets, but the only weapons availible will be the OICW, SMG1, AR2, a blaster pistol with infinite ammo (custom weapon) and the Shotgun. You defend yourself/yourselves from the marines 'till a rescue ship arrives.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

Maybe a map with a flyable spaceship liek in zero g but with many planets to go to liek in spacebuild in gmod?Maybe around 7 planets pl3@se also maybe random pirate spaceship encounters(combine gunships lol) and enemy boarding ships that u have to shoot before they board or u will have to fight a big horde of aliens and u can take missions like to assasinate an evil dictator(hitler model ftw)
WE ARE IN NEED OF MOAR GOOD SPACE MAPS
goddamn why re all the wip space maps STILL not done?
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

killkill85 wrote:Maybe a map with a flyable spaceship liek in zero g but with many planets to go to liek in spacebuild in gmod?Maybe around 7 planets pl3@se also maybe random pirate spaceship encounters(combine gunships lol) and enemy boarding ships that u have to shoot before they board or u will have to fight a big horde of aliens and u can take missions like to assasinate an evil dictator(hitler model ftw)
WE ARE IN NEED OF MOAR GOOD SPACE MAPS
goddamn why re all the wip space maps STILL not done?
STOP BUMPING!!(and improve your ortograph)
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

Oh god that was a bump?lol didnt realise sry
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

sorry for being inactive as of late I started to collage so my life has been a bit... hectic to say the least, also I crashed my car while taking the license test so life sucks blah, blah, blah. I still am working on a few maps it's just I keep making a part make another part then start disliking the last part and I go back and rework it then the other part to match the changed to the first part and rinse and repeat :roll: but I have got my ducks in a row by doing what I should have done ... drawn up plans! not just keeping them in my head so here soon things will be picking up.and if your on my steam list and I am not on the SDK it is because on my wife's PC hammer runs more smoothly.

one last thing you will start to see me on severs again I need to see what maps get played most and why so I can make my maps as entertaining as possible. see you soon!
fedeita
Pixel

Post by fedeita »

hi to all i'm new and i have a new map suggestion: what about an island where you have to survive? something like harvest but where you have to find materials and build refuge and search for foods, similiar to first season of lost or a random survive movie...
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

So that's sort of garrysmod survival gamemode. And you sir, are a necromancer.