Zombie Survival (oc_survival)

Show off work in progress maps.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I am sorry, I found it a bit hard to understand what you meant, this little Q&A post should answer your questions if I understood them right.

Question:
Will there be more then one place to stay overnight, such as a hotel room or something. So in case you don't get back to the hideout in time, you won't die.

Answer:
Really, you can be anywhere during night fall, but it would be very hard to fight off the zombies with no turrets, no allies, and only a flashlight showing where the zombies are. The hideout has big spot lights, turrets, ammo and the a big area that you can gun down zombies in, so they can't get to close.

-----

Question:
Can your ally MetroCop, Hgrunt, or Vort/rebel become infected?

Answer:
Doubtful, I would require a zombie model of them with zombie animations.
And I do not have the resources and software necessary to create such models.
Tallfire
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tallfire »

I take it normal zombies and not zombie headcrabs? It would be nice if once in a while there is a huge rush of antlions that attack or a huge blitzkrieg of headcrabs.
Freekill
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Freekill »

I ment like make ti so if someone is outside the safe zone after it gets dark makeit so they can nto enter teh safe zone in till day light
Answer:
Really, you can be anywhere during night fall, but it would be very hard to fight off the zombies with no turrets, no allies, and only a flashlight showing where the zombies are. The hideout has big spot lights, turrets, ammo and the a big area that you can gun down zombies in, so they can't get to close.

I mean like say you are surronded by zombies and there is a small hosue near by make it so people can run in for like a last stand (have one plank that can be buid to block door but make teh plank have low health.)

I am sorry for my bad gramma

[/quote]
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Tallfire wrote:I take it normal zombies and not zombie headcrabs? It would be nice if once in a while there is a huge rush of antlions that attack or a huge blitzkrieg of headcrabs.
Well, I was thinking they would be headcrab zombies...
And not sure if there will be ant lions or not, will have to see.

Freekill wrote:I ment like make ti so if someone is outside the safe zone after it gets dark makeit so they can nto enter teh safe zone in till day light

[...]

I mean like say you are surronded by zombies and there is a small hosue near by make it so people can run in for like a last stand (have one plank that can be buid to block door but make teh plank have low health.)
Well, this seems a little unnecessary, you have plenty of warning to get back to the hideout and you can be anywhere during the night and fend off zombies, so this is no real need for this.

Also, zombies will spawn more during the night, as the player vision is limited, I can spawn them everywhere... it would be best to stay at the hideout during the night, though if you wanted you could stay in the hotel, CPHQ, office building, etc, just wouldn't be a good idea.
Tallfire
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tallfire »

Idea: what about places where headcrabs could dig out of the sand? Remember in SP where you first saw the combine shellings? The headcrabs would jump out, kill anything nearby and dig under the dirt. Any chance you could have that in like the town and such? Are you planning on an escape scene or just defending the base forever?

Seriously, consider my idea about that "key" that teleports objects to places.

Were those headcrabs trained or something? You only see them dig into the dirt once.
Cloud
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Cloud »

is this map still alive?
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

I think it is since I see Gary in sdk lots of times. Though he can be working on lots of other things too. :P
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I am working on this still, it's one map I choose to keep working on. Though have redone it for the third time. It gets better each time.

Don't worry people, I want this done just as much as you.
Greenpeacekiller
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Greenpeacekiller »

this sounds like a really awesome map.
Also you could add sort of harvesting, you could make a druglab to make medicine.. for example, your npc's could be infected and you would need to make a cure or something so they stay alive, and if you dont they die. Something like that.
Keep up the good work :D :D
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Glad to hear you like the idea. I'll also think about your idea, it's not bad, but I am just not sure if it's necessary or not.

Also, I like your username, I hate Green Peace.
Greenpeacekiller
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Greenpeacekiller »

Well, if your going to put NPC survivors are the spawn base thing, you maybe could use the medicines to keep them healthy, to make a healer, or maybe you can add a infection thing or something that happens every # day and you could make a cure so the survivors stay alive.
Anyway, keep us posted :)

also i had no idea what the name ment when i made it up. Dont even know where i got the idea anyway
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Not a bad idea, though the healers will be found around the map. Also, there is no "infection", as the zombies are zombies because of headcrabs.

Thanks for your support and ideas though.
Fugikuro
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Fugikuro »

The beta for this needs to come out soon. Chuck Norris will come to your home and Falcon punch you if it isn't released soon. IT WILL BE AWESOME!!!

I hope you know I'm joking.... I swear I'm not threatening you.
Also you can has +4 coins for awesomeness thus far. More when the beta comes out.
Is there any problem a .357 can't solve?
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Sadly, this is no longer being worked on.

I kinda lost my want to map for OC, being constantly reminded how I can't even play it to it's full potential doesn't help, plus, I can't even test it online.

And from what I can tell, Fox and key are working on a map quite similar to this. So at least people will be able to enjoy the idea through his map.
Fugikuro
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Fugikuro »

Aw... Oh well, now I get to use the Chuck Norris Beacon at least.
Is there any problem a .357 can't solve?