2D's Little Coop Campain (WiP)

Show off work in progress maps.
2D
Polygon
Polygon

2D's Little Coop Campain (WiP)

Post by 2D »

First Post in this Forum, and its a new Topic.
Btw. I'am 2D ( aka CrAppY/R3D-X]I[ ) a German Maping Artist (so forgive me my bad english skillz)

But straight to the Topic, i want to show up, what I'am Abut to make. As the Title say's, i want to make a little Coop Campain. The whole Thing is sortet in Act's and there's a total of 10:

Act 1: Return To Sender
Gametype: Defence
The Whole Act is 1 Map, Divided in 3 Parts: Day, Night and Day. The Setting is an Old Military Base somewhere at nowhere, most likely some god forsaken Desert. The Objective of this Act is simple: Defend the Moljonir MK.II Heavy Long Range Artillery Unit while it's taking out Combine Positions.

Act 2: Hailstone
Gametype: Survival
Not much to say now. The Setting will be around some wandering in the previously mentioned Desert, some Old Caverns and Spooky Houses.

Act 3: The Jurney Home
Gametype: Survival
First Encountering some Combine Technology. The Playersquad will make his Way along a Combine Pipeline. The first Scripted Boss will make his appearance here.

Act 4: Coastline
Gametype: Offence
All over some HL2 Coast/Canals recycling to kill time (like Fillers in Anime's before the real deal^^) But here are some Asskicks guaranteed, because a really pissed Chopper, another Scripted Boss and the Sonic Gunship will make their entrance.

Act 5: HydroCon
Gametype: Attack/Puzzle
And here we are, the First Combine Supersructure. Not as tall as the Citadel, but still Impressive. The Main objective here is, to disable this Giant Terraformer. And dont think this is an Easy job.
I've planed lots of Coop Puzzles here.

Act 6: ISV-Kran (Bonus)
Gametype: Exploration/Horror/Survival
This is something I have Startet back in Half Life 1 times, but never finished it, because the mapspace was so... tiny. Now it will be completly reworked. Maybe someone remembers the Name. All over, this is a homage to the first Unreal, a complete rework of the ISV-Kran. Some secrects here to be found (and some better not)

Act 7: Operation: Urban Renewal
Gametype: Citybattle
Straight Out of the Kran into the C17 famous Citizen Uprising Battles. Just this time not in C17. May be some Rebels, who Join your Squad, and maybe also a Strider...

Act 8: Operation: Fare Dodger
Gametype: Offence/Defence
Takes place on a Combine Monorail Train. Up to 4 Scripted Bosses here. And one of them will punish Failure with a complete Map restart.

Act 9: The Sunspire
Gametype: Attack/Megabattle
Since the end of Act 1, this was your primary Target. The Sunspire, a giant Combine Long Range Laser Artillery Installation. Just like the HydroCon, the Squad is batteling trough the Complex, searching a way to disable or destroy it.

Final Act: The Falling Star
Gametype: Attack/Megabattle
The First half of this your Battling your way out of the Sunspire Basement to the Coastline. And in the Second half, you'll travell with an hijacked Combine Arcraft, using it's Onboard Guns to Defend youself and finally attack, and hopefully, destroy the SOLC before it triggers his main Weapon.

Urrgh...
So much for the Concept of the (tiny) Story, but we need an BG to Work with^^

Now to the next Big part in my Campain Gameplay: The Bosses
What would be a good Game, without some Things, that really kick your Ass. So i decided to make them a major part of my Gameplay. They coming in two Styles: Arcade and FPS.
Arcade Style Bosses are direct, utilize devastating firepower and attack with no mercy. Frendly Units caught inside the fire are also doomed, just like you. But they act after a set Script, their attacks are coming in repeating Waves. But don't think this will be easier, thier Attacks are damn fast and often come in countless numbers.
On the Other side are the FPS Style Bosses. They are more Individualy an can Act free and react to the player itself. The Sonic Gunship is one of them. You know, it has this Badass Blastwave Cannon, but you dont know, when and where it will Strike.
In adition to this, a few of the Bosses are Gameenders. If you fail them (and you will), you fail the Game, and if you fail the game, tha Game will come out of your Desktop and... ok, enough of this. The whole map will be restarted. this are the most frustrating Bosses, but not so frustrating like Game Rushers...
Who the frak is General Failure and why is he reading my Hard Disk Drive.
2D
Polygon
Polygon

Post by 2D »

So, Now for the more Interresting Part: Media \o/
Image Image Image
The first is the successor of the Pre-Alpha Warship (Uhh... Sy*ner*gy times...) the second is the Monorail Sentinel, and the Last the Enforcer Boss.
Image Image
The Sonic Gunship fireing its Blastwave Cannon and a look at the Sunspire Skymodel.
Also here are some old Footage of the Shilone Bomber. This was the First of the scripted enemies

Here is also some Gameplay from the HydroCon Core: Part 1 Part 2

And the latest of the Scripted Bosses: The Heavy Assault Gunship
Image Image Image Image Image
This is definetly something, you dont want to mess around with (And my personnel Masterpice in HL2 Entity raping). It runs on the Chopper AI, but without its Cannon and Bombs. It's more of a Mobile Weaponplatform for up to 11! independent Weaponsystems. Gameplayvideo is incoming, if youtube gets his ass up ^^
Ok, here are the Gameplayvids (youtube fraked the Quality up...as usual) : Part 1 Part 2
The Inspiration Award for this Sucker goes to T3. Skynet FtW

And a Preview at the SOLC. Looks pretty harmless...

So much for this,
More to come in a few hours.
Last edited by 2D on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

My god...
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Finally you took my advice and made a thread for this here so people can see its awesomeness :P
Cant wait for this.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Wow. You're more ambitious than me! Hopefully you have better luck.

Anyway, I'm excited. Keep us updated.
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

sweet jesus, I cannot wait for this o.o.
We will miss ya billy.
2D
Polygon
Polygon

Post by 2D »

Thanks, but this will still need some time, especially because I have to go to the Bundeswehr to do my Grundwehrdienst. This are 9 Months of sensless waste of time, but i get Paid for this (not much at all), and can Travel for free with our Trains at 1.Class ^^

Or i do Episodic releases, and the Comunity has to wait 3 Years between each release, because my bro stole the mapcache...

Ok, enough of this.
I have Qickcompiled the First map, but this is still Far from Final. Right now I'am on to optimize the Map (Expecially the VIS Leafes), because each time i compile, Vis tries to stab me in the back for this:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
There is also a Underground complex, with many Shafts and Sevice Tunnels, who let you travel around the Base and also the Control Room and Powergenerators:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

And there is the Cannon itself. Its fully Moveable, has an interactive reloading mechanism.
ImageImage Image Image Image
And for Gods sake, dont start the reload when enemies in the Area. If such a shell goes up, you dont want to be there (and you will no more)
Tysn
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Tysn »

That cannon looks epic as hell. Can't wait to play this.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

This looks great, even the attack ship you made out of brushes looks awesome.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Holy awesome-looking Batman!
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

holy frak, more images o.o. you seriously should apply for a job as a mapper at valve because you sir are the greatest mapper i have seen so far.
We will miss ya billy.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

:jawdroping:
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

fug4life wrote::jawdroping:
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

And as the Obsidian community watches the lone mapper make his mark on the world
Ark
Donator
Donator

Re: 2D's Little Coop Campain (WiP)

Post by Ark »

2D wrote: Act 5: HydroCon
Gametype: Attack/Puzzle
And here we are, the First Combine Supersructure. Not as tall as the Citadel, but still Impressive. The Main objective here is, to disable this Giant Terraformer. And dont think this is an Easy job.
I've planed lots of Coop Puzzles here.
"LOL!!!". I always loved combine's superstructures. But oh god, nice work :)