oc_mine

Show off work in progress maps.
sage1700
Pixel

oc_mine

Post by sage1700 »

Hi all,

I was hoping by making this topic will attract some attention to the new map me and a few friends are making. It is called oc_mine, and you could probably guess what the objective is. The map is currently in heavy WIP, with not even the layout finished yet, but some of the areas are good enough to show. It is supposed to be a more mining/industry with less combat kind of map, such as oc_harvest and oc_diving, but none of the ideas have been stolen, they are more like the inspiration for the map. I will now hopefully put in some screenshot links.

Custom textures, excuse the missing one: Image

Refinery: Image

Power station inside: Image

Trade center: Image

Some sellable items: Image

Smuggler who sells weapons (battery dispenser on the left): Image

Much of the actual mine is not finished or textured yet, so I can't show you that yet. My friend, Spoon as he is called, is doing the mapping, I have made the custom textures, and Hickers helps test the map and feeds his ideas into Spoon. Like I said, it is under heavy WIP, so don't judge it yet. Thank you for reading. Comment on the map please.

Edit: changed from url to images.
Last edited by sage1700 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Re: oc_mine

Post by destiny »

sage use the img button in the full editor option cause most here are too lazy to click the buttons.
as for what you posted looks good but as you said its under heavy wip theres also chances therel be chances.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
sage1700
Pixel

Post by sage1700 »

Yes I will next time. Changed it. We want to keep the map as close to the original idea as possible though, so there won't be and big changes.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Looks good, a dedicated mining map has been discussed before, but seeing as you're actually doing it, I wish you luck.

My only advice is get all the features into the map you want, then after you've released consider the visuals and how you can get it looking to Harvest/diving/paysan standard. Personally for me Harvest is by far the best looking and you should aspire for your map to one day look equally as good. But like I said get your gameplay in and done first as I understand a map dosen't always have to be visual heavy.
But if it has good gameplay and good visuals then that is a winning combination ala Hail to the King Harvest.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

You know...I think you should have more combat, if anything. Sure running around and getting rocks and making them into whatever is fun for a while, but what about doing just that while just barely escaping from a horde of antlions or zombies to get the most precious gem? It'll be much more exciting, which means more replayability. Like maybe some have bandits come in and try to steal your stash of gold, or maybe disturb some spirits which will come over and start screwing you over. Just have more danger, is what I'm basically saying.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
sage1700
Pixel

Post by sage1700 »

From spoon this is.

Let me just point out that this is still a heavy WIP and much of the map concept is still being discussed, as there are still many things to be added. And @ DisConnected: There will be combat in the map. From lone wandering antlions to raiding a fully armed combine base.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

OC_Minecraft :lmao:

Lookin good, makes me wanna try it out when it's done
sage1700
Pixel

Post by sage1700 »

Thanks, though we can't name it that incase of legalities...

Update on the map, some new things are being added, though I want to keep as much as I can a secret, dont want to give it all away now do I. ;) . In general more is being added and some details fine tuned. Thanks for the support everyone, though the progress is slow as we all have school right now.
Plasma HeadCrabD
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Plasma HeadCrabD »

btw.. you should make some seamless textures
Current Projects:
oc_Maestro Fénix_HeadCrabD_Nz(just for boring)
oc_der_riese(don't even think about it.)
oc_nacht_der_untoten (work again!)
(also,you can see some pics about this map on my moddb blog.)
http://www.moddb.com/members/headcrabd