OC_MetalSlug

Show off work in progress maps.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: OC_MetalSlug

Post by Axel_m3sh »

perhaps rig a model with a sprite on the world model somehow and use that as a pointer? It's like how this is set up http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/screens/30453

See how the red dot(or laser) is actually just a flat plane parented to the gun itself? I was thinking of a similar idea with the world model but I'm no modeler, soo that's all the suggestions I can give :|
Fighter
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Fighter »

I thought about it, but it will not work, beacuse thirdperson animations are bugged.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Fighter wrote:I thought about it, but it will not work, beacuse thirdperson animations are bugged.
But the laser pointer of the Sniper rifle and RPG works (but maybe because is in the code). I´ll try it.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Fighter
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Fighter »

Look at these screenshots.
ImageImage
In thirdperson mode, character not always shoot in the same place where he/she aim. Laser pointer in Sniper Rifle is attached to something other than weapon.

Also, I noticed that sniper rifle animations aren't laggy, when pistol, AR2 etc. are.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

In fact, the animations in 3rd person arent laggy. It only are if you are playing in a local game (why? no idea). Play for example in the Keyfox´s server and use the 3rd person plugin. The animations are "fluid".

P.D: It was a good idea use that model for the HMG. Also, your model looks good, but maybe you need to change/modify some values in the materials.

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Fighter wrote: [...]Laser pointer in Sniper Rifle is attached to something other than weapon.
It is attached to the weapon, in a way... It's actually attached to the player's view model(First person model of the rifle).
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I have the duty to communicate that all the tests done up to the date relationated with the difficulty of the control of the character have failed.

The game_ui test was the most nearest to resolved it, but it fails at aiming up/down (because i didnt use the correct commands?).

I havent more ideas. Someone have one? :?:

(Also, i failed too at putting in the map the thirdperson camera. It needs ALWAYS sv_cheats 1 in order to get activated. And in the case that those problems got resolved, i doubt that we could use vehicles. The real ones not).

It was a bad idea make public this proyect.

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Third person muzzleflashes / laser attachments have already been fixed and will be in the next version. In addition, third person mode will no longer require the use of sv_cheats.

(Yay?)
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Third person muzzleflashes / laser attachments have already been fixed and will be in the next version. In addition, third person mode will no longer require the use of sv_cheats.

(Yay?)
Better.

Although it left the control problem. Game_ui is the solution of it (or at least is better than deconfig the mouse control), but the key of the sucess is aim up and down. I used +-lookup and +-lookdown (console said that those were the commands to look up and down if the "look with the keyboard" was activated) but doesnt have any effect.

The question is, look with the keyboard work? (cant test it because my laptop have few buttons and i cant unassign the assignated).

What it could be the commands who control the view? (there are a lot of commands where their description is "?").

Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

I have all parts of metal slug, if I can help somehow contact me :>
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Although all hope to see something this year was lost, not everything is it. Sometimes, i do tests about the controls. I found a free code of a forgotten Source mod that had a 3rd person gameplay (months ago), and from it i´m trying to make it in Hammer (is extremely easy like it appears, and i got working aim up/down and set that the view got "reset" at front).

The "Hard" part is make the player aim to "behind" when you press "left" (i "got" it, but is buggy, i have to continue investigating). About the cam, well, i´m thinking about it (it comes in the code too).

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Me and a friend were able to beat this last problem, using a external cfg and calling it from the map. This allow the players play with the normal controls without overwriting their original bindings, as well as setting the camera.

But i have doubts about this, because i´m sure this could be used for bad intentions if someone decides to modify the cfg on their server (is really unsecure, or i´m just again exaggerating the recomendations of the general use of the files in a map?).

If this method is insecure, i´ll have to anounce the total cancellation of this map (anyway, this always was an experiment and never was intended to be known for the public).