Oc_Map

Show off work in progress maps.
LordDz
Polygon
Polygon

Oc_Map

Post by LordDz »

The Map!
I was bored one day and did what I've told myself not to do: Start another map in the source sdk.
This time it was for Hl2. But then I thought to myself.. Why not make it for obsidian conflict instead?
It currently plays out as a sort of survival, having to defend an apartment in city 17 against the combines as they try to destroy it and the rebel inhabitants.

Screenshots

Features

Combines!
Striders!
Headcrabs that fly!
People jumping to their deaths!'
Lots of stuff that breaks.

Everything is currently WIP, so lighting currently lacks a bit, etc.
I would like to playtest it anyday if someone wants to?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Oc_Map

Post by MaestraFénix »

Looks good.

Is survival, or after a time, you have to escape to somewhere?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

LordDz
Polygon
Polygon

Post by LordDz »

Currently the combine will assault the apartment with first metropolice, resist that and their better counterpart, the combine soldiers will attack it. So if you manage to defeat both of these "assaults", you will complete the map. If you want a way to fail the map, play with lives enabled.

I don't want to spoil too much ;) . I am planning on having it as the first level of a campaign, but time will see..
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

generic map name lol, here's some ideas: oc_apartment_raid, oc_apartment_holdout, oc_complex_raid, oc_suburb_rebel. You don't have to use them, but oc_map, really? (I hope its temporary haha)

You can enable lives if you include a map_cfg.txt as well as change other settings defined for your map specifically.
If you have just a few entrances to the building, might seem stale after a while. You can improve by having later waves which open up new assault points (ie: metrocop kicking down a door, soldiers blowing a hole in the wall, heli blows a hole in roof and they rapple in, etc.)

These additions alone can improve this entire map as a standalone survival standoff unless you're really gonna make this a campaign with several maps that lead from one to the next. Right now I don't see a flow or objectives to this other than randomly hold out all waves until end map.

Other than this, keep it up, it's nice to see something from a new mapper every now and then. Good luck!
LordDz
Polygon
Polygon

Post by LordDz »

Yes, it's a temporary work title :P
But I still need some people to test it out with me someday.. Anyone interested?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970720449/
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I don't mind testing it. Just call me.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos