oc_restaurant

Show off work in progress maps.
Kote
Pixel

oc_restaurant

Post by Kote »

I created a map about a restaurant where you need to cook and sell food. But I didn't finish it because I lost interest in mapping on source 1 due to the release of half life alyx with source 2.
I made the map for about 1 year and it's a pity to throw it away. I want to release it along with the source code so that someone might want to finish it or use it to create their own maps

I have 2 source map: oc_restaurant_v3 and oc_restaurant_v33.
oc_restaurant_v3 it's possibly a fully playable map with various not fixed bugs.
oc_restaurant_v33 it's version that was supposed to be v4. I added police officers with the search level, but this is not finished. This version also fixes some bugs from version 3, some improvement and new functionality that I don't remember (I don't remember exactly but I think I added a tip system). Version 3 is much older than version 33.

At the last moment of development, I planned to completely redesign the map and make the gameplay around just the restaurant. I wanted to add more food, improve the cooking system (as on Harvest), remove the police, remove the mine, remove the sewer, add a level system for the restaurant (when serving a client, the restaurant experience increases, if the client is not served, experience decreases) when a certain amount of experience is reached, the restaurant level increases (opens the purchase of new improvements for the restaurant, new dishes and improved restaurant design). The goal of the updated map version would be to reach the maximum restaurant level. I also wanted to add achievements. for each completed achievement, you could choose 1 of 3 improvements (for example, increasing the price of a dish). And other gameplay improvements around the restaurant.

What is on the current map ?
1) A fully working system for the sale of food
2)A greenhouse where you can plant plants
3)Warehouse
4)The basement for making wine
5)Pizzeria where you need to deliver pizza in the city
6)Antlions, which can break the tables in the restaurant
7)Sawmill
8)Mine with ore extraction
9)Random combustion system of the furnace
10)The possibility of improving the furnace with the ingots
11)A couple of quests from civilians in the city
12)Preparing drinks in a blender and selling them
13)Channels with random spawn of monsters and gold
14)Selling organs of monsters
15)Chicken coop
16)Milk production in the chicken coop
17)feeding of bullsquids bodies of monsters or feed for bullsquids
18)Buying coal at the train station or processing boards into coal (coal is needed to create ingots, and ingots are needed to improve the furnace)
19)System of drying and death of plants if they are not watered
20)Fishing
21)Bird hunting
22)and other

Screenshots:

Sources: