# initiate hammer

- layout processing 50%

- __ spawnroom 100%
- __ teleporting room 100%
- __ dynamic teleporting system 100%
- __ puzzle 1 50%
- __ puzzle 2 50%

I 've restarted the map as a HL2DM_coop project,
but when finished I 'll probably port it to OC.

<!-- end update -->
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Thats a shame.
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

Who says I 'll ever release the DM version ^^

Do areaportals work in OC?
How to set combine a combine only team, because I want the players to play as combine instead of rebels.

Do the weapon anims work with the combine player model?(gauss/uzi's/sniper/ect ...)

And when I look at player count / running server I become sad ... :'(
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Well you are somewhat new to the modding scene from the sounds of things, no insult intended. Modifications, especially ones still be beta, tend to have smaller player counts in the beginning. It also depends on how well the development team maintain the mod. Most players are either loyal or fans of a particular mod, some are just once and a while players. Player counts tend to rise as a mod becomes more playable for all people. We are still looking for a balance with Obsidian to attract all players. Deathmatch is deathmatch, its a game type that most people enjoy, which means there should be a number of players not necessarily playing coop. Coop in HL2 DM is just a hacky situation anyway. It was never intended by Valve.

You would be surprised at how many mods exist today with no players, really good mods that really deserve more. ES and Iron Grip are both great mods and well made, but have somewhat fallen behind in attracting a large player count. Considering I see OC further ahead than even them in a lot of cases I can safely say we are not doing that bad. I have even seen Obsidian with more players than the Ship which really surprised me.

As for the Obsidian direction, we have no plans to stop working on it. Both me and Hyper really enjoy working on it and adding more features.

Either way, the choice is yours.
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

*cough* I am in the modding scene for a pretty long time now. Only SP and not MP ... but a active player count of 0 and 3 servers (non-pasworded servers) is really low.

I really hope that someday you 'll be better known in the HL2 community and have a stable running mod with plenty of servers.
(Like you all wish ^^)

I still have a few questions unanswered tho (look 2 posts up)

As long as you enjoy working on OC, keep it up.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

marnamai wrote:*cough* I am in the modding scene for a pretty long time now. Only SP and not MP ... but a active player count of 0 and 3 servers (non-pasworded servers) is really low.

I really hope that someday you 'll be better known in the HL2 community and have a stable running mod with plenty of servers.
(Like you all wish ^^)

I still have a few questions unanswered tho (look 2 posts up)

As long as you enjoy working on OC, keep it up.
Yes but how many mods have been created and release for both Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 1 that are not even on the steam stats page anymore?
I am no newb to the modding scene either, been involved going on 10 years now. My last mod was GTA Liberty City, but I am in no way taking all the credit for that. A huge team was involved.
All I'm saying is I think we are doing well, and we have fun making the mod.

Your questions
1: Areaportals are server side and switch for everyone so no they wont work correctly online. Some people will be outside of the area portal and see a wall of nothing.

2: We only have Rebels currently because of the armor. We are still unsure as to weather we should re-implement custom player models or not. You can make the combine on the players team however.

3: All animations in the shared player animations archive are used. The DM Combine player models should work if they were used.
Last edited by skidz on Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

I have a idea for the armor make it have a genetic HUD icon and let the mappers change the model and a option of turning off the helmet appearing on he player model so if a mapper has the player as combine it wount look stupid and YES PLEASE TURN ON CUSTOM PLAYER MODELS!
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

What if I bspzip the combine player model into the map and force the players with a trigger multiple to change model via a point_clientcommand?

ontrigger / client / command / cl_playermodel models/Combine_Soldier.mdl

It works for dm. Leme see if it works out.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Most intresting. Hoep you remember to make your map play half as good as it looks.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

marnamai wrote:What if I bspzip the combine player model into the map and force the players with a trigger multiple to change model via a point_clientcommand?

ontrigger / client / command / cl_playermodel models/Combine_Soldier.mdl

It works for dm. Leme see if it works out.
Hmm, I dont think so because we use a model list. But if you would like we could unlock using any model for the next version so you could do that.
marnamai
Polygon
Polygon

Post by marnamai »

Yes please :)
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

this looks very nice cant wait for the release :)
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<