Oc_Storm - Ideas wanted

Show off work in progress maps.
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Oc_Storm - Ideas wanted

Post by The fox »

So its time for me to reveal my map to the public. Its only in the beginning stadium and i havent had quite time to work on it too much and the lack of ideas on what exactly to add in the map also halts the progress abit. So if you have any ideas please post them so i can get some ideas on what to add in. This map will hold some Cooperative things and as far as i have planned also some puzzles. At the moment i only have one area worthy of showing off which is the spawn towards the building which the map continues in. If you want ill post up the story behinde the map if it is needed.

http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/3961 ... 002rn3.jpg - Spawn and beach towards the building
tomgreen
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by tomgreen »

I have plenty of ideas to share. One is since its called storm and im hoping youll have lightning and whatnot that you could add in some gravityx or y which is wind when your outside just enough to notice stuff flying and moving around (newspapers ect) and a little walking resistance. Another is if its going to be outside that you add in crow and seagull npcs to add the the realism effect and then don't do single placement spawns where the monsters keep reapearing from the same one. (This tends to get old because you can sit right behind them with a crossbow or what not). Either pre place the monsters before they get there or have multiple spawns that spawn few over time so they can't cover them all. Try to use some fast zombies and whatnot to add tension. Those are just some ideas ask for more if you liked those please.
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

The idea behinde the map series (( Itll most likely become a map serie)) is that the combine has control of the weather control somewhat like they did in the leaked hl2 beta. They control the weather in this area so during the other maps the weather will change. In the first map it will be rainy and in the next itll be snowing etc etc. Somewhat loosely what the story currently is about. At the moment i dont really have any more outside areas planned instead im mostly gonna focus on indoor enviroments.
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

Give it outer environments in the skybox so that it doesn't look like just a box.
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

I can't really give you ideas, but I did like that gravityy and gravityx idea. o.o
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

make it work!
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

gtaiiilc wrote:make it work!
:potd:
cannon_fodder_51
Polygon
Polygon

Post by cannon_fodder_51 »

Well for the series you could have the main objective as bringing down this mechanism that does these things. So I can think of temperature control base. pressure control. Lightning control and then metrology control (like earth quakes, volcanoes and stuff) And maybe a main base to control where these bases affect. This could be a satelite and a chance to use the x/y gravity thing the other guy was talking about. To make it more interesting you could have them based on different mediums for example one of the bases could be a converted oil rig or ship.

hope this helps a little :)
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

cannon_fodder_51 wrote:Well for the series you could have the main objective as bringing down this mechanism that does these things. So I can think of temperature control base. pressure control. Lightning control and then metrology control (like earth quakes, volcanoes and stuff) And maybe a main base to control where these bases affect. This could be a satelite and a chance to use the x/y gravity thing the other guy was talking about. To make it more interesting you could have them based on different mediums for example one of the bases could be a converted oil rig or ship.

hope this helps a little :)
hey noob, please stop posting in old posts.
cannon_fodder_51
Polygon
Polygon

fragged131 wrote:hey noob, please stop posting in old posts.
Stop spamming this forum. And what the hell do you mean sending old posts?

You arent contributing to the forum at all. If this is your intention then go do something else for fun.
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

cannon_fodder_51 wrote:

You arent contributing to the forum at all. If this is your intention then go do something else for fun.
frak you

first of all this topic is from october, I dont spam you fag, you shouldn't make wild acusations about people when you've only 8 posts. go home and frak yourself.
HBK
Banned

Post by HBK »

fragged131 wrote:first of all this topic is from october, I dont spam you fag, you shouldn't make wild acusations about people when you've only 8 posts. go home and frak yourself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger_management
cannon_fodder_51
Polygon
Polygon

fragged131 wrote:
cannon_fodder_51 wrote:

frak you

first of all this topic is from october, I dont spam you fag, you shouldn't make wild acusations about people when you've only 8 posts. go home and frak yourself.
Well im not likely to take kindly to your comments if you behave like a 12 year old. I might have payed more attention to your post if you didnt start it with hey noob. its simple psychology. Also it is possible that they're still open to ideas so either way you had no right to complain about my post. And your last post was spam.
fragged131
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by fragged131 »

cannon_fodder_51 wrote:
fragged131 wrote:
cannon_fodder_51 wrote:

frak you

Well im not likely to take kindly to your comments if you behave like a 12 year old. I might have payed more attention to your post if you didnt start it with hey noob. its simple psychology. Also it is possible that they're still open to ideas so either way you had no right to complain about my post. And your last post was spam.

it was not spam, it was a response, and you should check the date on the topic you post in. when i said "hey noob" it wasn't an insult, it is what newbies to a place are called. Im sorry if you took it as an insult but after your response it pissed me off so thats why i was saying those things to you.
cannon_fodder_51
Polygon
Polygon

ok sorry I assumed you were being an ass. I dont really want to start making enemies this early. :D