Show off work in progress maps.
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

OC_R-day

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

(Last update: 2/12/07)

Progress:

Current Phase: Working on main base rooms...

Introduction:

Note: OC:twist cancelled. This thread will be used for the map that will be made instead: OC_R-day. This map i had in plans to make for a long time, so i have allmost all the mission on my head...

Description:

Americans had theyr day, back in WW2.. the D-day.. Now Rebels have their day, On a world conquered by combine... The R-day.

R-day will be a mission to Break in a combine base, advance inside, deactivating security systems, activate Particle cannon, and fire it on a Combine Tactical satellite. Alot of special effects and machinery should be added to make the best fun of it :)

Updates will be posted here, with screenshots, when i have something done to show off.

Constructive comments are allways appreciated. Thank you.

(1/24/07) Screenshots:

Image Image

Image Image

*NEW* (2/12/07):

Image Image

Image Image
Last edited by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
<Proud to be a gamer>

Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

:shock:

I bet you thought I would say more than that huh?
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

i hope you got permission from the authors of the maps
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

Well, i dont really care about permission, and possibly neither do the authors. Plus, i dont know the author of most of the maps i am going to convert. If i find out who is it, i will put the proper credits on the end, or on the start with a logo with their names. (such as the rotating joescoma name, but of course different... )
<Proud to be a gamer>

[YaS] H² MadSkillZ
Vertex
Vertex

Post by [YaS] H² MadSkillZ »

[JSC]c0m4ndo45 wrote:Well, i dont really care about permission, and possibly neither do the authors. Plus, i dont know the author of most of the maps i am going to convert. If i find out who is it, i will put the proper credits on the end, or on the start with a logo with their names. (such as the rotating joescoma name, but of course different... )
You are an idiot. Do i have to comment it any futher?
SEE I AM FREAGIN ADDICTED TO GMOD!
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

This is goooood.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

If you can map add the maps then fine, no need to get permission when all you're doing is making a txt file that adds entities. If you just feel like decompiling everyone's hard work and recompiling it with monsters and crap, gtfo.
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

What the hell? didnt i said that its not just simply picking a bunch of maps and putting OC_ infront?... im just trying to bring more maps to OC, fixing their bugs and adding the OC features. Is there any problem on that? Why am i an idiot now then? Just because im converting maps? I will put former credits to the original creators...
<Proud to be a gamer>

[YaS] H² MadSkillZ
Vertex
Vertex

Post by [YaS] H² MadSkillZ »

[JSC]c0m4ndo45 wrote:
[YaS] H² MadSkillZ wrote:
You are an idiot. Do i have to comment it any futher?
What the hell? So, just because i am tryin to bring some fun maps from other mods, adding the oc features and fixing some bugs i am an idiot? What is the problem on that? I said, i will put former credits for the original authors, what more do i need to do?.....
Nope, enough is when you ask for permission first. You should remind that you represent FTA with your actions.

Back to topic, i am lucky i made no map for this mod yet. And i hope you know that the law forbits you to obviously "steel" their maps.

Good day, 100% rage, 100% fun :)
SEE I AM FREAGIN ADDICTED TO GMOD!
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

Well, i would do that.....but It would be a little easier if i had a minimum idea of where the hell i can find em...i dont even know half of the authors of the maps im going to convert....

My idea is not to steal the maps, like i said... tryin to bring some fun maps to OC... If i wanted to steal, i could just put my name on the credits and not tell to anyone that i did not make that map, and its not what im going to do.. duh.
<Proud to be a gamer>

[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

[YaS] H² MadSkillZ wrote: It's just shows how much JSC is NOT a cool "clan". You should remind that you represent JSC with your actions.
Thats what im afraid of.
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

This thread= win.

All this appears to be is an addition of a few maps converted and tweaked a tad.
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Alright, if I see any more flaming out of the barn I'm going to start getting nasty.
Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

skidz wrote:Alright, if I see any more flaming out of the barn I'm going to start getting nasty.
About time!
[JSC]Steve
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by [JSC]Steve »

Mad Skillz, You're saying that by Commando devoting alot of his time to doign something great for OC, he is proving that JSC isn't a cool "clan"?
Hold on...
If he takes a bunch of co-op maps from other games like DM and such, and adds OC monsters and weapons, then he is stealing the maps? Does he need permission from the mapper to convert the map to another mod?
If so, how do you know this, and who is in charge of regulating this kind of thing?
Personally I think he is doing a great thing, and the mappers would probably like having thier maps coverted to a successful Co-op mod without having to actually do it themselves. As long as he gives the mapper credit for each map, then I don't see how he is proving JSC is not cool.
I do not appreciate the quotes on "clan". You have no business trash talking us becuase you don't agree with one of our member's actions, actions which he is performing with good intentions.
This is in no way a flame MadSkillz, it is a defense and a few questions.