Sabre GT Jalopy

Show off work in progress models.
User avatar
Cpl.Cookie
Vertex
Vertex
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:42 am

Sabre GT Jalopy

Post by Cpl.Cookie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:04 am

Hey everyone.

Just one to point out that this is my first time posting and what not.

Also before I start posting pictures, let me point out that I am aware its a vehicle from GTA IV

Anyways let's get started.

It's the Sabre GT mixed in with the junker.
It was going to be a replacement for the jalopy or a new vehicle entirely but my lack of knowledge on vehicle rigging got to me

Image
Image
Image
Image

Tell me what you guys think.



Also I read the rules and I'm aware of the rule
- No converted content from any other game unless permission is given and credits are included.

But I checked the player model packs and they have ported models so I figured this might be alright. If not I'll take it down.

Credits go to
Valve (Jalopy parts and textures)
Rockstar (Sabre GT and some textures)
Me (Some textures I made)

User avatar
Maestro Fénix
Team Member
Team Member
Posts: 2523
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Post by Maestro Fénix » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 am

Is good, but, i prefer that you put an "hood of a car" and doors.

P.D: Have lights like the Jalopy?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Image
Steam photos | Steam videos


Image

biodude
Pixel
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 8:28 am

Post by biodude » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:29 pm

sabre gt was my favorite car in gta

User avatar
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 4121
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:35 am

Post by fug4life » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Love the exterior new shape, especially rear and front. Interior looks like it needs some texture love!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database

User avatar
gtaiiilc
npc_advisor
npc_advisor
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:21 am
Location: Termina
Contact:

Post by gtaiiilc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:13 pm

The license plate should read "CR0WBAR3D" XD
Image

User avatar
Ranka
Donator
Donator
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:25 am
Location: silverdale,washington
Contact:

Post by Ranka » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:15 pm

I like the look of it
Kamen Rider\Super Sentai\Tokusatsu Maniac

User avatar
Cpl.Cookie
Vertex
Vertex
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Cpl.Cookie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Maestro Fénix wrote:Is good, but, i prefer that you put an "hood of a car" and doors.

P.D: Have lights like the Jalopy?
I've thought about that But I wanted to make the car look as incomplete and chopped up as I could. I might add some bars or something in the door frame so it has 'support'

As for lights I take you mean the blinking ones when you are out of the car. I'll try to put those on if I can get them to look right.
fug4life wrote:Love the exterior new shape, especially rear and front. Interior looks like it needs some texture love!
Yeah I'm currently working on a higher res version of the interior that way the dials and such look nicer. I might actually go with the ep2 jalopy look and take the dials out and stick them on some sort of make shift brace on top of the dashboard.

Also I'm going to Lower the engine a bit and attach a transmission onto it (ep2 jalopy has no transmission)

User avatar
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm
Location: Peruibe , SP , Brazil

Post by LivingWithGames » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Once you're nearly done with this,try to find a good and different place to put the radar on the car(from Under The Radar Chapter to the end of the game)

User avatar
General_Francisco_Franco
prop_static
prop_static
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Post by General_Francisco_Franco » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:07 am

Add more details to the interiors if you can.

The rest looks good
Image

User avatar
Maestro Fénix
Team Member
Team Member
Posts: 2523
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Post by Maestro Fénix » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Cpl.Cookie wrote:
Maestro Fénix wrote:Is good, but, i prefer that you put an "hood of a car" and doors.

P.D: Have lights like the Jalopy?
I've thought about that But I wanted to make the car look as incomplete and chopped up as I could. I might add some bars or something in the door frame so it has 'support'

As for lights I take you mean the blinking ones when you are out of the car. I'll try to put those on if I can get them to look right.
fug4life wrote:Love the exterior new shape, especially rear and front. Interior looks like it needs some texture love!
Yeah I'm currently working on a higher res version of the interior that way the dials and such look nicer. I might actually go with the ep2 jalopy look and take the dials out and stick them on some sort of make shift brace on top of the dashboard.

Also I'm going to Lower the engine a bit and attach a transmission onto it (ep2 jalopy has no transmission)
Good. The license plate should read "Crowbλr", and could add a animated figure (hula doll, for example) for the interior.

Maybe be good add a Symbol in the steering wheel.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Image
Steam photos | Steam videos


Image

User avatar
Cpl.Cookie
Vertex
Vertex
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Cpl.Cookie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Maestro Fénix wrote:
Good. The license plate should read "Crowbλr", and could add a animated figure (hula doll, for example) for the interior.

Maybe be good add a Symbol in the steering wheel.
I don't really like the idea of the plate, it gets rids of the whole New York plate which it's a spin off off the GTA IV plates.

Also the Hula doll does prove an interesting idea, might not be a hula doll but some sort of Dashboard novelty item.

As for the Symbol on the Steering wheel, it's going to sport the make of the Sabre GT on it.

Anyways on to what I've changed

Changes:
-Sabre GT now uses the same rear suspension/axle that the Jalopy uses.

-Replaced Steering wheel with Jalopy one due to similar design but higher quality (will be reskinned to fit interior of Sabre GT

-Replaced Old Shifter with Jalopy one (has be rounded out and will become an 8-Ball.

-Added Magnusson Device Holder to rear

-Added Radar to Dash

-Added make shift gauge holder on window frame (temporary, not sure if I like it there)

Anyways some pictures, Comparing the jalopy to the Sabre Junker

Image

Image

Image

New Rear Axle
Image

Magnusson Device holder
Image

Interior
Image

User avatar
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 4121
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:35 am

Post by fug4life » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:41 pm

pretty hawt!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database

User avatar
Ranka
Donator
Donator
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:25 am
Location: silverdale,washington
Contact:

Post by Ranka » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Awesome
Kamen Rider\Super Sentai\Tokusatsu Maniac

User avatar
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm
Location: Peruibe , SP , Brazil

Post by LivingWithGames » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:10 pm

once i finish HL2EP2,I'm going to use this

User avatar
gtaiiilc
npc_advisor
npc_advisor
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:21 am
Location: Termina
Contact:

Post by gtaiiilc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:10 am

I think it would look cool if the Magnusson Device Holder was the trunk popped open, or the the rebels had cut a chunk out of the trunk and wedged it in :P
For a novelty item I think fuzzy dice (jiggle bones) would be cool or better yet... Companion Cubes :D .
will you be changing the seats?
Image

Post Reply