The Angel Beats! Project [Possible Spoilers]

Misc work in progress screenshots etc...
dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

Re: The Angel Beats! Project [Possible Spoilers]

Post by dormantlemom »

I got round to experimenting with lighting for a scripted GiDeMo concert. I got some help from a mapper called kaemon (one of the greatest counterstrike source mappers ever). anyways other than a few buildings and masses of props. the map is mostly done based on my vision. maybe an unscripted first version by mid July.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I just remembered that i have to work in the Kanade model (yes, i completely forgot her after discover the model of Felicia).

If someone have time to rig her, i can send it the "core" files of the model and textures.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

Post by dormantlemom »

if you send the stuff to me, ill give it a try. Ive never done anything like that before but im sure i can learn.

also i have provided a (very dark) image of the map in its entirety, for comparison. Then you can see what has and will be done, so (Keychain) can see how much of the school i will have modelled. I may plan to model more of the buildings around the edges of the map that are just cut off (ie the teachers block and maybe that large building next to the dining hall), purely to add a bit of detail around the edges once im done.

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

dormantlemom wrote:if you send the stuff to me, ill give it a try. Ive never done anything like that before but im sure i can learn.

also i have provided a (very dark) image of the map in its entirety, for comparison. Then you can see what has and will be done, so (Keychain) can see how much of the school i will have modelled. I may plan to model more of the buildings around the edges of the map that are just cut off (ie the teachers block and maybe that large building next to the dining hall), purely to add a bit of detail around the edges once im done.
Great detail, "Dormant". How is their size at the moment?

About the model, i gonna contact you.

dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

Post by dormantlemom »

its not too bad in terms of brush ent usage etc. Water indecies or whatever theyr called is rather high (like 64%). Everything else is after compile 40% or below. I need to redo some things before i continue. Probably reduce these water verticies first. I finally got round to nodrawing a bunch of stuff that isnt visible, and it managed to drop compile time from 89mins to about 11-12mins. Againa as can be seen i havent done much on the right hand side of the map. I dont plan to concentrate on that area until im happy with the rest. Fps on my crap PC is about 70 (im using a radeon 4730). Ive also been expermineting with lighting finally. Every screenshot ive done till now didnt even have light_environent in because i didnt need light at all then.

One thing i found while working through this is i cannot find the location of the sunflower patch that kanade is found in in episode 7. Background locations in that scene suggest its just to the right of the SSS HQ buidling, but the world map suggests not, and other scenes also suggest that this isnt really the case. Having gone though the series 12 times now to make sure i dont miss anything this was the one thing i really noticed. Hence that spot next to the building doesnt match the world map (it originally kind of did, but when i realised I had to remove it)

One exam tomorrow and one next thrusday, then im free forever.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Any news/changes from the last time?

The only thing that i know is that dormantlemom rigged with success the Kanade model prototipe.

dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

Post by dormantlemom »

Maestro Fénix wrote:Any news/changes from the last time?

The only thing that i know is that dormantlemom rigged with success the Kanade model prototipe.
yeah. I still havent perfected kanade, a few issues with hair and feet, but its fine on the whole. (ill totally perfect it when i get round to it in a week or two tops)

I rewatched the series twice more in the last week and keep finding more innaccuracies in my work, so ive spent most of my time correcting those. I also finally finished my exams, so i now have more time to spend. Other than designing the exterior and basic interior of the hospital, as well as adjusting some other things, i still havent got much more done. Oh actually I have produced a nighttime skybox. I need to create a daytime skybox too, but i found a way to switch between the 2 (or more skyboxes) in-map via a trigger/s.
Hopefully soon i can compile something people can take a look at, if they wish.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Yes, it would be interesting see it.

Oizen
Pixel

Post by Oizen »

dormantlemom wrote:
Maestro Fénix wrote:Any news/changes from the last time?

yeah. I still havent perfected kanade, a few issues with hair and feet, but its fine on the whole. (ill totally perfect it when i get round to it in a week or two tops)

I rewatched the series twice more in the last week and keep finding more innaccuracies in my work, so ive spent most of my time correcting those. I also finally finished my exams, so i now have more time to spend. Other than designing the exterior and basic interior of the hospital, as well as adjusting some other things, i still havent got much more done. Oh actually I have produced a nighttime skybox. I need to create a daytime skybox too, but i found a way to switch between the 2 (or more skyboxes) in-map via a trigger/s.
Hopefully soon i can compile something people can take a look at, if they wish.
Can't wait to see this.
Robin
Donator
Donator

Post by Robin »

Oizen wrote: Can't wait to see this.
ok
dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

Post by dormantlemom »

Vuten wrote:
Oizen wrote: Can't wait to see this.
ok
^that

also im still not getting much done. (i now have two source projects on the go aswell). I am dividing my time between the two. Angel beats is mostly done for me other than cosmetic changes and addition of entites. I only have to add a few more outbuidlings i havent done yet, finish the hospital and sssHQ and redo the Dining hall.
dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

Post by dormantlemom »

still going on this. Ive got a few others hoping for this map too now. In the next few days ill add some lighting and fast compile a bsp for you guys to have a run around on if you so wish. Hopefully then ill know what looks wrong and redoing before i really get into detailing things. So check back in a few days. (by the way it will require counterstrike: source at present). If i get time ill add some triggers to transform from day to night and vice versa somewhere. And maybe add a few other things. There is still much to go, so it still looks a little weird.

I probably ranted before, but i cant be bothered to check my previous posts. Angel Beats has a lack of continuity in its map.
2 notable instances:
in episode 12 when oyama shoots the shadow about 3:32 in, he is clearly in the SSSHQ building, which is situated directly in front of the large bridge. In the worldmap this is clearly not the case
in epsiode 7, otonashi meets kanade and the flowerbeds that are next to the SSSHQ. Again the worldmap definitely doesnt show this, and other scenes dont really show this either, except episode 1 when otonashi approaches the SSSHQ building you can see sunflowers off to the right.
Hence however i build this map, i imagine there will be disagreements over innaccuracies. Just thought id mention this to justify some of my choices of where to place things.

Also not that its important to you guys, but my other project is a bioshock map remake in source. Ive begun porting some of the Bioshock unreal models and textures. In source those models look truly beautiful. Ive got some looking forward to that too. Ive really learned so much in the last few months about source, but i still have a long way to go.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

looking forward as always and take your time with it we have patience.
also a bioshock remake in source now thats a new one good luck with it.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

dormantlemom wrote:still going on this. Ive got a few others hoping for this map too now. In the next few days ill add some lighting and fast compile a bsp for you guys to have a run around on if you so wish. Hopefully then ill know what looks wrong and redoing before i really get into detailing things. So check back in a few days. (by the way it will require counterstrike: source at present). If i get time ill add some triggers to transform from day to night and vice versa somewhere. And maybe add a few other things. There is still much to go, so it still looks a little weird.

I probably ranted before, but i cant be bothered to check my previous posts. Angel Beats has a lack of continuity in its map.
2 notable instances:
in episode 12 when oyama shoots the shadow about 3:32 in, he is clearly in the SSSHQ building, which is situated directly in front of the large bridge. In the worldmap this is clearly not the case
in epsiode 7, otonashi meets kanade and the flowerbeds that are next to the SSSHQ. Again the worldmap definitely doesnt show this, and other scenes dont really show this either, except episode 1 when otonashi approaches the SSSHQ building you can see sunflowers off to the right.
Hence however i build this map, i imagine there will be disagreements over innaccuracies. Just thought id mention this to justify some of my choices of where to place things.

Also not that its important to you guys, but my other project is a bioshock map remake in source. Ive begun porting some of the Bioshock unreal models and textures. In source those models look truly beautiful. Ive got some looking forward to that too. Ive really learned so much in the last few months about source, but i still have a long way to go.

Sometimes, there are things that are illogical, so the yours are correct.

dormantlemom
Polygon
Polygon

Post by dormantlemom »

Ok its been far too long. I havent got much done as ive been concentrating on my other map, and a small mod ive started. However im determined to get it done now. I started watching sacred seven this evening and i just thought i will finish it now. It should be fun, and its my own interpretation. If anyone has feature requests let me know what for. If someone tells me how to set up the configuration illcompile a version for obsidian conflict too. Im almost there with the overworld so it shoukdnt be long.

Ps sorry for any typos as im typing on a tablet.