Obsidian Community Content Update

Obsidian News Archive.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Obsidian Community Content Update

Post by skidz »

All Screenshots and videos can be found on the Obsidian main page.

Well hello, it has been a long time since the last update but I am here to assure you that the mod is not dead, things were moving somewhat slow over the last couple of months. We are back at it fixing bugs and adding new features. I would like to mention our communities’ terrific work on keeping the mod alive during our break, so I would like to dedicate this post to the community content our forum users have been creating.

First off our entity master Zteer has created a great tool for creating MapAdd Scripts. It works by comparing a decompiled map with no changes to a decompiled map with changes. The changes will be added to a new MapAdd Script file. This makes changes to a map incredibly easy without recompiling and is also great for making current SP maps Coop Ready. Our community has created many scripts for Half-Life 2 and Episode 1, so I will see about having those released so everyone can enjoy them.

Now on to the maps, let’s start with oc_stfu, a map based around fun and puzzles. The idea came from the original OMG series created for Sven by Turrican, but now you can get the same experience in Half-Life 2! Here are some screenshots.

Next we have the track maker created by Gandorques Hikla, another one of our Entity Masters. You select a pre-created track piece and place it on the grid. When you finish building your track, you can start the race. All players will be able to race your custom tracks. There will be winners and losers, but in the end a whole lot of fun!

Our next stop is oc_warmachine created by fug4life. This is a great coop map with a lot of action. First we have a video of game play and some screenshots.

Now some screenshots from upcoming maps and map packs. First oc_castledefense created by W0rf0x, defend the castles from the waves of Military Troops in Helicopters. Screenshots galore.

Next oc_beachhead, a map series in creation by DaMaN. The architecture in these maps looks great, and the game play, equally as great. Take a look at some screenshots.

For more community created works, check out our forums. For user created videos and official videos, check out the Obsidian Conflict You-Tube page.
Last edited by skidz on Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Ah man, no sevenstreet on the update list :(
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Power-Mad wrote:Ah man, no sevenstreet on the update list :(
I haven't heard of that :O
Catastrophe
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Catastrophe »

Is it possible to host a full 1.23 version, instead of just the patch?
'Cause my 1.23 isn't working and I really wanna' play with other players instead of being chased by all those Striders.... Alone : :o
Catastrophe:

Overruling your sanity since 2007!
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

I could do it for ya.
If you really want me to.
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.