1.35 Released!

Obsidian News Archive.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

1.35 Released!

Post by Shana »

All Screenshots and videos can be found on the Obsidian main page.

While "1.35 will be released sometime this month" may have meant the end of the month, Obsidian Conflict 1.35 is now available for download.

First starting off as what was planned to be just a quick "content update", this update is now the compilation of over a year's work of map and code updates. Many of our old maps have been updated with bug fixes and gameplay/visual improvements, as well as a whole bunch of new maps for players to enjoy. Here's a look at some of the new content in 1.35:

* Part two of the broken escape series. This epic campaign features fast-paced combat, teamwork puzzles, breathtaking visuals, and custom npcs and weapons. Plus an updated version of the first part!

* Updated oc_harvest. Includes a major graphics overhaul, as well as new plants, hardware store items, farm upgrades, as well as new gameplay systems such as bird hunting

* oc_cardwar, a map in which two teams of players create squads of npcs from cards, competing in several unique arenas

* oc_starship_troopers, a combat-heavy defense map based on the movie. Players have to work together with their NPC allies to repel the arachnid horde

* oc_wildfire. This walkthrough map consists of many unique environments, with plenty of teamwork puzzles and combat scenarios for players to complete

As well as many more additions and updates. Special thanks to all those who supported us throughout development, we wouldn't let you down. Head over to the downloads section here on obsidianconflict.net to get 1.35 and jump in on the fun!

Haven't seen enough media yet? Or you just never played OC before and want to get a better idea of what it is about? Then here is the 1.35 teaser trailer again!

And if 1.35 wasn't enough, we are also glad to announce that we got Steamworks support, so the next major version will be released on Steam!
This means the mod will be installed and automatically updated through Steam, as well as achievements, Steam Cloud and all that fancy stuff!
Some of you might be scared this would strip down OC's content and features the same way it happened to some other mod that went on Steam, But this will not be the case.
We have been in constant contact with valve to make sure what we have to do to keep everything.

We are also trying to get the Linux server binaries done. Once they are in a stable state, people will be able to test them.

And a few last important side notes before you hop into the game:

*Please note that valve lately updated all Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 maps for the orange box engine.
Due to time constraints, we could not test all of them to make sure their changes don't interfere with oc. Since we didn't want this to delay the release even further, we are asking you, the community, to please report all bugs you find to our Bugtracker.
We will release another quick patch to adress all reported problems, so please excuse us if some parts of the campaigns may be unplayable right now.

*We also could not finish the broken_escape_02 finale map in time for the 1.35 release. It will either be shipped in one of the next hotfix/ content patches, or released on the forums.

*The installer is prepared to download and install the custom playermodel packs automatically if you chose so. But this feature is not fully working yet since we need to finish the webserver back-end first.
If you get an error message similar to this, simply chose "cancel", the installation will then continue normally.

Below is the complete change log. But beware, it's almost endless!
Geosmith
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Geosmith »

Damn, I have recording to do tomorrow! Haha, oh well, definitely will play it tomorrow when I have the time.
Wootman
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Wootman »

Can you guys upload it to a faster host?
Duko
Donator
Donator

Post by Duko »

wooohooo!!! finaly! :dance2: :P
Neliel
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Neliel »

I knew it'd be released on time! All those naysayers can eat it!
worbat
Vertex
Vertex

Post by worbat »

Huzzah and Hurrah 48%!
cartman-2000
Polygon
Polygon

Post by cartman-2000 »

I'm mirroring the installer on my site, I'll post the link when it's done downloading on it, might take another 20-40 minutes considering the main mirrors are going a bit slow atm.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

they are almost down, Server 2 is not even reachable...
cartman-2000
Polygon
Polygon

Post by cartman-2000 »

server 2 works for me, but is very very slow, like 100kb/s average.

my mirror should help a little, when it gets finished still have only downloaded like 230mb of it so far.

I could also create a torrent for it to later, once I dl the installer completely.
DrHeadhumper
Polygon
Polygon

Post by DrHeadhumper »

Next time do a torrent for a few days after major releases, that way we can get better speeds when we all download at the same time.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

i've never got around to learn how to make them
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Where is this server2 you speak of?
worbat
Vertex
Vertex

Post by worbat »

Some cool thing about character packs not working when you run the installer but it continues to install just fine. Thought I would note it down.

EDIT: DONT MIND THIS.
Last edited by worbat on Mon May 31, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

shiftey wrote:Where is this server2 you speak of?
http://ecchi-ro.net has 5 TB traffic / month free but that doesn't help when the bandwith for the connection is full
worbat wrote:Some cool thing about character packs not working when you run the installer but it continues to install just fine. Thought I would note it down.
read the news
worbat
Vertex
Vertex

Post by worbat »

Woops. Missed that bit in excitement!