Breaking the silence

Obsidian News Archive.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Breaking the silence

Post by Shana »

Surprise! We still exist!

We have a hotfix in the works to address some of the problems that have been plaguing OC the last few months, it will fix the now-broken mounting system and improve stability of both the client and server.
Because this hotfix requires new binaries for both the server and client, you can expect a few new features too. Everyone who donated after the 1.35 release will finally get their donor access as well.

Sadly we can't give you an ETA just yet due to slow progress, our biggest problem is the lack of coders actively working on the code.
Some are too busy with their job or education while others simply don't feel like working on the code or haven't been in contact with the team for months.

That's why we're actively looking for new coders to ensure OC has a future, so if you:
  • Are proficient with C++, git and Source
  • (Beneficial, but is not mandatory) have experience with graphics and shaders (especially with regard to Source)
  • Are able to communicate with the team (not just language barriers, etc. but also whether you can work with team members without attitudes and all getting in the way)
  • Have enough time to work on a project like this (of course real life still takes priority, but you should at least be able to work on the mod somewhat regularly)
... Then post an application on the forums, send it via Email (info@obsidianconflict.net) or message one of our team members directly!
Of course we are always looking for other positions like mapping and modeling too, so don't be shy!

A big "Thank you!" to everyone who hasn't given up on us yet and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We're going to post news more often from now on, even if it's just a small update to keep you in the loop.
daunknownman2010
Donator
Donator

Re: Breaking the silence

Post by daunknownman2010 »

I'm so hyped for the Source 2013 version. Also thanks for giving out an announcement, now people will know that this mod is still being worked on and living.
OwO what's this???
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

This is sooner than I expected, but I'm ready >:D
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Plasma HeadCrabD
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Plasma HeadCrabD »

Im ready XD
Current Projects:
oc_Maestro Fénix_HeadCrabD_Nz(just for boring)
oc_der_riese(don't even think about it.)
oc_nacht_der_untoten (work again!)
(also,you can see some pics about this map on my moddb blog.)
http://www.moddb.com/members/headcrabd
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

In the mean time please consult this Mount Fix guide here http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... f=1&t=5106 as this will allow players and server admins alike to install and use OC while the update is being worked on. With Neico and a few others I personally tested this through some test servers and found no issues so far. Other servers have already implemented this fix including the official OC "Melonpan" server so there's a few servers active still.
Spiffy
Pixel

Post by Spiffy »

Holy shit, cool to see you guys are still alive!
swadish
Pixel

Post by swadish »

Hey guys, I'm trying to make my friends download the game.
Wich one is the right link? Is there an official link to download that I'm not being abble to find?

While I can't find trough OC main site, I'm making them download trough MODDB.

Thanks!
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

you're best off looking on moddb. you can find it there.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

Or Desura...

btw. cartman's torrents are maintained by me. so it's not directly third party...
swadish
Pixel

Post by swadish »

Neico wrote:Or Desura...

btw. cartman's torrents are maintained by me. so it's not directly third party...

Shoudn't it be linked in the official website? I think you guys might be losing some players.
daunknownman2010
Donator
Donator

Post by daunknownman2010 »

That's not really the problem, people are actually waiting for the Steam release and play that instead of the current one. Also a majority of them are too lazy to do the mount fix and await the proper fixed up version.
OwO what's this???
kem008
Vertex
Vertex

Post by kem008 »

daunknownman2010 wrote:That's not really the problem, people are actually waiting for the Steam release and play that instead of the current one. Also a majority of them are too lazy to do the mount fix and await the proper fixed up version.
I will try the steps but the mounting on the game not working if we need to do these steps too
------------------------
------000--------------
-----0----0------------
------------0-----------
--------------0---------
----------------0-------
------------------0-----
-------------------0--0-
---------------------0--
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

daunknownman2010 wrote:That's not really the problem, people are actually waiting for the Steam release and play that instead of the current one. Also a majority of them are too lazy to do the mount fix and await the proper fixed up version.
Actually it's mainly cause the mount fix is a long process. It usually only needs to be done once. It's still worth it as it's a means of keeping oc running for now.