Half Life 2 SDK: OC

C++ Got ya down? Half-Life 2 Coding Related.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Half Life 2 SDK: OC

Post by Chandler »

Are you guys updated to using the Visual Studio 2005 code? or are you still using that piece of crap 2003?
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

I updated to VS2005, but I don't like a lot of things about it. Mostly the retarded new intellisense, it simply can't properly handle multiple project solutions with shared files where the macro defines differ in each project. VS2003 didn't care about that, it just give intellisense for everything, but VS2005 forbids it for what it deems "inactive." I have also noticed that compile times can be much longer in VS2005 under certain circumstances, but shorter in others. Utilization of dual-core in the compiler is nice. The debugger is also somewhat better than VS2003's.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

you wouldn't happen to be using the free version would you?
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

Yes :o. I thought they were the same besides the compiler, which isn't a big deal for us.
Chandler
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Chandler »

OK kewl. I keep getting this error. For some reason My VSC++ isn't reading the Platform SDK include and Lib forlders so I had to manually copy pasta every single include file and winmm.lib.

BUT when I do go to compile because I no longer need anythig I get these errors.

Code: Select all

1>------ Build started: Project: client_hl2mp, Configuration: Debug HL2MP Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: server_hl2mp, Configuration: Debug HL2MP Win32 ------
2>Linking...
1>Linking...
1>   Creating library Debug HL2MP/client.lib and object Debug HL2MP/client.exp
1>in_mouse.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SystemParametersInfoA@16 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall CInput::ActivateMouse(void)" (?ActivateMouse@CInput@@UAEXXZ)
1>Debug HL2MP/client.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\DarkLife\src\cl_dll\Debug HL2MP\BuildLog.htm"
1>client_hl2mp - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>   Creating library Debug HL2MP/server.lib and object Debug HL2MP/server.exp
2>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
2>editor_sendcommand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MessageBoxA@16 referenced in function "enum EditorSendResult_t __cdecl Editor_SendCommand(char const *,bool)" (?Editor_SendCommand@@YA?AW4EditorSendResult_t@@PBD_N@Z)
2>editor_sendcommand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SendMessageA@16 referenced in function "enum EditorSendResult_t __cdecl Editor_SendCommand(char const *,bool)" (?Editor_SendCommand@@YA?AW4EditorSendResult_t@@PBD_N@Z)
2>editor_sendcommand.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__FindWindowA@8 referenced in function "enum EditorSendResult_t __cdecl Editor_SendCommand(char const *,bool)" (?Editor_SendCommand@@YA?AW4EditorSendResult_t@@PBD_N@Z)
2>registry.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__wsprintfA referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall CRegistry::DirectInit(char const *)" (?DirectInit@CRegistry@@UAE_NPBD@Z)
2>Debug HL2MP/server.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
2>Build log was saved at "file://e:\DarkLife\src\dlls\Debug HL2MP\BuildLog.htm"
2>server_hl2mp - 5 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have NO idea where they are. It has something to do with the winmm.lib or some other linked library.
As you can see it goes to perform the linking and SHIZAM. errors.
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

You need to do all the steps here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/expre ... usingpsdk/

Especially step 4. Then it should work.
JoeScoma
Polygon
Polygon

Post by JoeScoma »

heh hyper is the god of c++ i admire his skill knowing i could never do that if my life depended on it
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

Barnz wrote:Why don't you just lick his ass?
QFT
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Barnz wrote:Why don't you just lick his ass?
Flames... No. Locked