Riding bullsquids - vehicle script?

C++ Got ya down? Half-Life 2 Coding Related.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Riding bullsquids - vehicle script?

Post by Blues »

Well guys.. while testing out some particle stuff on the map I currently work on and thus having used the "notarget" command to keep the bullsquid from pissing me off I thought it would be fun to jump on its back. Then I had the most brilliant idea EVER - we should ride those things! :D
I know it would need some new attachment points and maybe entry/exit animations.. that would basically not be a real problem for me. But would it be possible by only editing those vehicle script text files in the mod/scripts/ folder and the model itself (maybe also the player model's sitting animation) or would you have to write a new "vehicle" code for that in the mod? (meaning to drop a prop_vehicle in the map, set the model to the changed bullsquid model and vehicle script to the bullsquid script)
I guess if we wanted to shoot their acid and make them attack, that would surely need a complete code.. but just to be able to ride it maybe a vehicle script (and some attachment points) is enough?
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Riding bullsquids - vehicle script?

Post by MaestraFénix »

As a model replacement is always feasible...another story will be how it will look.

While you can recycle some of their anims, you will have to create/modify others in order to supply the rest of animations of the jeep (not all are really needed like the speedo ones, however).

Theorically it should work without a new vehicle script (and if not, it would be to modify the center of gravity, or the turbo, that kind of stuff).

You can't make it shoot acid or use melee (you could put the origin of the tau cannon at this mouth, but it will look wierd).

Go give it a try, it shouldn't be hard.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos