Need some stuff for a model

Request prop/weapon models, mapping prefabs, map textures or texture replacements here.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Neico wrote:i would say that the fisherman itself need some npc animations first, he has not many and therefor isn't used much, since i have no clue to do it i only can say that it would be nice to add some animations to him :O
Hes rigged to the valve skeleton, so you can add any animations you wish by simply recompiling it, but another problem is that he has no ragdoll.
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

Speaking of, i was testing this version, missing anims, but at least it holds the weapons in its hands, unlike in gmod where they go into the models stomache. Well, at least i know where all the files go for models, vgui, etc.

So wheres that model pack of yours anyway? Too bad theres not like some countdown timer off to the side till another big content release.

Heh i just had an idea for a combine, the standard but with a half life lambda theme, orange and gray camo, a big lambda spraypainted on the back, and lambdas instead of the overwatch symbol or the black widowish symbol on their armor (i cant remember what army unit or whatever it was from).

Its times like this that i wish i had even the most remote skill modeling/skinning/hexing etc.
A bullet sounds the same in every language.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

W0rf0x wrote:
Neico wrote:i would say that the fisherman itself need some npc animations first, he has not many and therefor isn't used much, since i have no clue to do it i only can say that it would be nice to add some animations to him :O
Hes rigged to the valve skeleton, so you can add any animations you wish by simply recompiling it, but another problem is that he has no ragdoll.
Just snatch a ragdoll smd from one of the citizens, it will work. Disable all the facial stuff tho, the decompiler screws those up.

If you want me to convert the fisherman, I would be happy too. Its not much work.
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

Skidz, mind helping me with the fixup for the model? im a novice when it comes to this stuff, and hell, you can take all the credit for the model, im no glory-hound. I just want it done since we still have to wait on that combine model pack that was supposed to be released today...
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Vaun wrote:Skidz, mind helping me with the fixup for the model? im a novice when it comes to this stuff, and hell, you can take all the credit for the model, im no glory-hound. I just want it done since we still have to wait on that combine model pack that was supposed to be released today...
You know, im just waiting for my server to get back online.

Have some patience, damnit!
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

Vaun wrote:.

Heh i just had an idea for a combine, the standard but with a half life lambda theme, orange and gray camo, a big lambda spraypainted on the back, and lambdas instead of the overwatch symbol or the black widowish symbol on their armor (i cant remember what army unit or whatever it was from).

Its times like this that i wish i had even the most remote skill modeling/skinning/hexing etc.
How many times have you suggested that shitty idea of yours? 5-6?
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

3 times actualy. And every time in my threads. In both threads related to my current playermodel, and the playermodel compilation thread.

And remember, in this thread, you are not entitled to your oppinion.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

I took a look at the fisherman, and the rig doesn't exactly match unfortunately. I don't know what Valve have changed, but ill look into it once I can get max working again.
Vaun
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK
COMBINE PLAYERMODEL PACK

Post by Vaun »

Valve made him without a reference, so hes 100% custom made, so he might be a bit disproportionate, but i dunno, still looking for a noob-friendly modeling program to fix up the CQBine. Any suggestions/ tutorials for it?