Don't Laugh

Request prop/weapon models, mapping prefabs, map textures or texture replacements here.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Don't Laugh

Post by shiftey »

I need an animated weapon of a throwing potato or some other type of vegetable. Some type of food that you can throw but it doesn't have to do much damage. If you're up for making something odd please do me this favor.

I would imagine all you need to do is model a potato and copy it into the animations of throwing a grenade, then set up the custom weapon script. I just don't have the time to try it out right now. I'm trying to crank out a 4 map series and potatoes aren't at the top of my list.
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

But these are potatoes camarad commissar. Why are we using potatoes instead of real grenades?
(Sorry i tried to stop myself from writing this but I couldn't)

Mmh, does the grenade really work in the custom scripts? I couldn't make mine work. If it does anyway, your potato or vegetable will deal damage by explosion, it will seem awkward imo.
I'm back baby!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I've seen some unusual requests since I've been hanging around these forums but you Sir,

you take First Prize!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

Oh god i couldnt stop myself... :lolcry: HAHAHAHA!THAT WOULD BE EPIC!THROWING POTATOS AT COMBINES!Heres a link to a potato model that sadly looks nothing like a potato(This is the only potato model on garrysmod.org sry): http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=39509 Sry that I linked to the sent but there was no download of just the model.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

killkill85 wrote:Oh god i couldnt stop myself... :lolcry: HAHAHAHA!THAT WOULD BE EPIC!THROWING POTATOS AT COMBINES!Heres a link to a potato model that sadly looks nothing like a potato(This is the only potato model on garrysmod.org sry): http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=39509 Sry that I linked to the sent but there was no download of just the model.
:toilet:
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

trowing potatoes at enemies or at friends to annoy them.
first time i heard about such a request its good.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

I like it. :lmao:
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Reminds me of throwing bricks in TimeSplitters 2, and I loved it. A potato weapon would be briliant :)
Freekill
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Freekill »

you could have a puzzle map where in one section you need to hit tagets. You could throw potatoes. may sound like a silly idea but it can be used ^^
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Freekill, I didn't know you practiced Nercomancy.
Freekill
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Freekill »

lol
Tallfire
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Tallfire »

If appropriate, I was going to post an idea earlier today about a can of soda that you can throw at people (shoot or hit something to blow it up) or spray in their faces (making them do that anim like they've been hit by bug bait or knocked down/paralized for antlions and guards) that would also block other player's view if friendly fire is on or for pvp.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

There is an Object already built into the game that is half finished, if you want to have it work better, go ahead and learn C++ and code it http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Brickbat
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

I kinda thought of the invisible potato from Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.
"Don't blink!"
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

The OP reminded me of Call of Duty 2 where you are doing the training mission and instead of grenades to practise, you have potatoes, and the guy says "Real grenades are worth more than you comrades"