Campaign Idea - Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark in OC

Request prop/weapon models, mapping prefabs, map textures or texture replacements here.
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Campaign Idea - Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark in OC

Post by Rukifellth »

Like the title is saying, the thought just occured that a campaign based on Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark missions would be a great idea.

Ofcourse, considering that some levels might be deemed short by todays standards (maiby) then perhaps some missions that are linked together one way or another (Dam-Facility-Airport) (First three missions of Perfect-Dark) could be merged into one big level...

Ofcourse there are issues like levels where you must aid a partner and avoid having him/her killed. But considering the Co-op, it could be scrapped and replaced with aiding each other.

What do you think?
habicore5150
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by habicore5150 »

guess i wasnt the only one who had some thoughts about doing a couple of mission maps based off of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark

[complete side note = only thing i got out of those 2 games are just the gun sounds for some weapons]

may sound like a good idea
(un)Official Metalheaded Gaming Otaku

Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rukifellth »

Funny question is wether to port the original N64 models to OC or to make new models. :S
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

While these are my fav games of all time, there are already two great mods in the works.

The only thing I would say is some of the campaign missions and map layouts would be good inspiration for some good coop maps.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
habicore5150
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by habicore5150 »

fug4life wrote:While these are my fav games of all time, there are already two great mods in the works.

The only thing I would say is some of the campaign missions and map layouts would be good inspiration for some good coop maps.
bit of a side note, played a bit of Goldeneye: Source, thought it was alright
but Perfect Dark: Source on the other hand (not saying i didnt like it), hardly getting any attention (last i heard)
(un)Official Metalheaded Gaming Otaku

LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

PD:S is a 'little' fraked up,but GE:S is amazing,you all should try that mod!