Puella Magi Madoka Magica inspired Missions

Request prop/weapon models, mapping prefabs, map textures or texture replacements here.
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Puella Magi Madoka Magica inspired Missions

Post by Rukifellth »

I recently came in contact with a show made by among others, the guy who wrote the script for the Unleaded Nightmare Fueled "Saya no Uta".

What kind of show is it?

The most sickenly cute kind (blargh) Magical girl series (double blargh)

But the result they made is Neon Genesis Evangelion meets Sailor Moon.
Unleaded Nightmare Fuel Indeed.

In short, it is a series about girls meeting the magical being Kyubey who grants them any wish for becoming a "Magical Girl" (blargh) For that, they also must battle wicked beings called Witches and collect their "Grief Seeds" special Soul Gems of tremendous power.

What they don't know is that not only are Witches horrid Eldritch Abominations, they are also FORMER Magical Girls who has ended up becoming Witches from their own grief.

Aaaaand, Kyubey knows that all too well.

So my idea is basically mission based on players entering the realm of a witch, fight through it's minions, maiby solve some puzzles, find the Witch, and destroy it!

Why would this be cool? One look at a witch's realm would be enough to make even the most skilled of architects to Drop their Jaw at the absurd and strange enviroments the Witches create, ranging from Weird Construction Zones combined with Rose Gardens and Castle like arcitecture with thousands of signs, Dark hospital labyrinth like world with veins and arteries hanging from the roof with rooms containing thousands of floating bottles with body parts, rooms with long bridges and falling pills, and ending with a huge chamber that... IS A MASSIVE CAKE, and to the most bizarre worlds of a Monocromatic Statue of Liberty with the Witch praying before the only colored part of the world, the torch.

What do you think?
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica inspired Missions

Post by destiny »

good luck creating it.
as for how it sounds it sounds quite tricky considering how those worls looked like.(yes i watched it too.)
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Sorry, but i not gonna support crap Anime. It makes a bad reputation for all of us (OC and the Anime/Manga in general). Good luck creating that in Hammer.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

z33ky
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by z33ky »

Maestro Fénix wrote:crap Anime
That's your opinion. Please don't express it so demeaningly, this only creates social friction.

Code: Select all

while(!bugQueue.Empty())
{
	featureList.Insert(bugQueue.Pop());
}
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rukifellth »

z33ky wrote:
Maestro Fénix wrote:crap Anime
That's your opinion. Please don't express it so demeaningly, this only creates social friction.
I agree, it only causes people to begin to bique and argue wether it's good or not and yada yada.
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

I like the Anime c:
give it a try we will see ;D
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rukifellth »

Patchouli wrote:I like the Anime c:
give it a try we will see ;D
Hahaha, I just got the image of playble Gertrud, Charlotte and Octavia running around blasting combine. XD
MaxWard
Vertex
Vertex

Post by MaxWard »

I loved Saya no Uta. But I got quickly bored by Madoka.
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rukifellth »

Well, me an Boroko (Dancing Knight Otaku) could try and do a playable character of plush Charlotte. :P
xenoaisam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by xenoaisam »

Maestro Fénix wrote:Sorry, but i not gonna support crap Anime. It makes a bad reputation for all of us (OC and the Anime/Manga in general). Good luck creating that in Hammer.
this word from Fenix?? although he like Touhou who make down my reputation before! XD

by the way Ruki, dont force Boroko any longer.. he got girlfriend to handle :P
ImageImageImageImage
~My Beauty and The Beast~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

xenoaisam wrote: this word from Fenix?? although he like Touhou who make down my reputation before! XD
Liar. Your reputation isnt damaged, and i never liked that shit. Is more, except the MMD prototype, you dont have any relation with the MMD proyect.

xenoaisam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by xenoaisam »

Fenix not like touhou! and say it shitt!! WOOOT! <3
ImageImageImageImage
~My Beauty and The Beast~
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Maestro Fénix wrote:Sorry, but i not gonna support crap Anime. It makes a bad reputation for all of us (OC and the Anime/Manga in general). Good luck creating that in Hammer.
I dont know what logic you use to think that someones anime map project would make bad reputation for _everyone_ in here AND anime in general. I just dont see how that works.
z33ky
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by z33ky »

I'm pretty sure he meant that the amount of Anime/Manga in this community in general makes OC look bad.

I have seen some people with a vast amount of Anime/Manga related items, which just seems over the top and really weird; Fenix is probably concerned that people outside the community think that the community consists of these type of weirdos.
I personally am not in this scene (or whatever to call it), nor am I really much bothered by the amount in this forum; I just choose to ignore it and adblock some big or distracting (some animated stuff) signature pictures (I'm on a small resolution screen :( ).

If someone wishes to discuss this they should probably make a dedicated thread.

Code: Select all

while(!bugQueue.Empty())
{
	featureList.Insert(bugQueue.Pop());
}
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I can admit and even defend a mod full of anime, but not one filled with crap. Is like if someone start putting Ponies here.

You know what?, i retract of all of above. We are free to do what we want (as long as it is legal, of course :P), and a bunch of trollers will not get sink this ship. We´ll show to the world our quality, even if is about Anime. The worst thing that we can do now is start fighting and divide each of us.[/thread]

Rukifellth, if you really want a map about that, start thinking how it will be, size, outside or in a building, story, etc.

And photos, i need photos of spiderman how is that world. Maybe its outside of the capabilities of Source. Only then i and the rest we can help you doing it.