Ya'll remember this one CS Map?

Talk about Valve games and mods.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Ya'll remember this one CS Map?

Post by Azure Edge »

Ya'll remember the CS map this kid made of his high school, and got expelled for doing so because it was discovered shortly after VTech shooting?

Well, as you see in the video, it's a perfect GoldSRC depiction of a school. There's only one thing interesting about that map. It's of the VERY school that I attend. Now I still to this day never knew why it got so much controversy, especially since it was in GoldSRC, and didn't looks close to realistic. If it was in Source, I'd just think it was even cooler. And just for ya'll to compere, look at this video-tour of our school by KevJumba

Our school was built by prison contractors o_o
Image <- Push!
Curious?

RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Good friggin' god.
I'm glad Running With Scissors hasn't made a Postal game that takes place in Phoenix, AZ ye-Wait, shit.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

Holy smokes. That really is a good map! Looks close enough to me! :D Why the hell did that kid get expelled tho?
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Well, what sparked up the most controversy is the fact that they found out about the existence of this map (as in the news and media) about a week after the Virginia Tech shooting occurred (which is to this day, the most severe school shooting so far, with more casualties than the Columbine shooting). This guy worked on the map for 3 years ever since he first started attending this school too. He made his way to Fox news, sadly. I prayed to Valve for him. Nothing happened. I do not know anything about his whereabouts anymore, but he is at the age to go to a university, if "criminal" records permit him to be accepted into one.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

a guy works for 3 years on a map and all he gets is being expelled without any good reason. i think there being a little too paranoid.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Because according to the media, everyone who plays violent video games will turn into a ravaging crazed gunman.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

biggest stupid claim ever. i play violent video games but it doesnt want to make me kill my school. so i think there just jumping to conclusions with that phrase. stil is bad for the person that made the map all he wanted was to create a good map of his school.
Image Image
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

Goddamn these paranoia schools who can expel anybody they want without good reasons.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

wich is why your allowed to sue them these days.
Image Image
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

Which that kid totally should've done! He would've won, I think. That school has nothing on him.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

btw just how does creating that map have any link with a schoolshootout.
like i said that school of him was paranoid.
Image Image
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

I really don't know what's with their logic, but here's what I know that could have fueled it:

1. It was discovered recently after the most severe school shooting in history (Virginia Tech)
2. Paranoia that this country's always been having after 9/11
3. The Columbine High School shootout has always had linkage to video games and Rammstein and other stuff (the 2 guys made recreations of their school in Doom)
4. Fox News is full of bullshit
5. Fox News described Counter-Strike as a game where players were able to pretend they were terrorists, which gave people who didn't know exactly what CS was the assumption that it was a terrorism game that let you mow down students, teachers, and other types of hostages.

Really, my explanation for a map of a school is kind of like this: Wouldn't it be pretty cool to have a paintball, airsoft, or Nerf war inside of your school, due to all of the hallways available? Well too bad we can't really do that, so the next best thing to do is resort to video games, since you wouldn't hurt anyone/anything.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

On what grounds did the school have to do such a thing? He could of sued them.

And I think I remember seeing this map before, looked pretty good.