Great HL2 Mods (besides OC because everyone here knows it)

Talk about Valve games and mods.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Maybe one day GTI, If there's no crazy shit in there just maybe.

I not sure I'm the king, I'm just silly enough to waste time with them.
There are others who've contributed to and probably better than mine, militia (Gand) & port (W0rf0x) for example. Not too mention all the Campaign stuff.

I wish more people would do stuff!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
-Zeo
Vertex
Vertex

Post by -Zeo »

I really enjoy The Hidden a lot, and though I don't play it all the time I come back to it a lot to play for a bit. It's especially nice in that rounds are normally pretty short so you can jump in and out as you like; players also tend to be fairly cooperative as well. There are quite a few times I've seen congratulations for a job well done from Iris to the single hidden player and from the Hidden to the iris.

I really like Dystopia as well though I'm a bit sad that they have seemingly been losing players more and more. It seems like it's dying. Also, ever since the major change in the more recent updates (adding the new weapons like dual pistols, ect) I haven't had as much fun as I had before.

Has anyone placed CSS Sci-Fi 3: Hardwired? It's a HL2 mod that adds new weapons, from the Karabiner 98k of WWII to the OICW sniper rifle of the combine, and ridiculous weapons such as throwable exploding bananas; a kicking feature, for those times you just don't have time to pull out a crowbar; increased gore and physics, for the realism and the lolz; and things like slow mo. It also has a ridiculous amount of new maps, you can go through the regular HL2 campaigns, go through generic CS:S maps that are full of enemies, or a few custom made maps for HL2 or CSS that have enemies added. Objectives range from hostage rescue, fending off an area, taking out important targets. It gets updated rarely but when it does, they are big. Also, adds various difficulty additions, special general-like soldiers with higher damage or heatlh, riot shielded enemies, helmeted enemies, and difficulties now go easy normal hard suicidal realism. It's really fun, and good for a little relax playing a map or two.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

Mission Improbable.
Warnink
Donator
Donator

Post by Warnink »

Sabre wrote:Mission Improbable.
For 33meg you get a whole lot of gameplay, well worth a download and the maps are really professionally made.
Secone
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Secone »

Not exactly a HL2 mod, but if you want to rip your hair out in anger play http://www.moddb.com/mods/halfquake-sunrise, it's a HL1 mod that is designed to piss you off