No Portal 2 at E3; Surprise to come

Talk about Valve games and mods.
Neliel
Vertex
Vertex

No Portal 2 at E3; Surprise to come

Post by Neliel »

Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for [RECORD SCRATCH!!!]

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise

Source : http://kotaku.com/5552813/surprise-no-p ... arty-at-e3

I wonder what the surprise will be.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Title is misleading. Fixed.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

The surprise will most likely be TF2 on the 360 getting updated.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

or maybey finnaly ep3 or l4d3.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

L4D3 can go suck a cock. Unless they make it the best zombie game ever, they need to stop with the franchise for a while other than DLC's.
Enpatsu
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Enpatsu »

L4D3 can go suck a cock

agred

l4d1 it's cool, l4d2 better but enough we don't need to pay another l4d we just want ep3 and they know :x
-Zeo
Vertex
Vertex

Post by -Zeo »

At this point, I think if they released a third left 4 dead I wouldn't get it. It's none of those 'Boycott' shenanigans that game from Left 4 Dead 2, it's just that I already have the first and the second one, like them, but I think enough is enough. I'm fine playing the first two, and I don't think they could add much in the third that would really be an incentive for me to buy it already having the originals. In all honesty, I've started going back to playing the first one. I forgot how gritty and fun it is, and a lot of the players are a bit less extreme in their responses to things as in two (Where the tiniest thing will cause someone to rage).

I'm honestly really hoping for the Ep3 announcement, I love the series and I've been looking forward to it. Portal 2 obviously I'm looking forward to but it can wait for a bit. I'm curious, do people think that they will become an Orange Box 2 sort of thing, with Episode 3, Portal 2, and...something else? If so, what will the something else be? Any ideas, or do you think that valve would do that in the first place? It seemed to work out really well for them with the first orange box.